compensation: Commensurate with Experience employment type: contract
QR Code Link to This Post
National Advertising and Direct Mail Company seeking proofreaders for ongoing assignment 15-20 hrs/wk. Various shifts available (including days/parents hours, nights & weekends).
Candidate must be dedicated to checking all work generated by our creative team and have excellent attention to detail. Proofreader will be responsible for checking client guidelines, grammar, spelling, typography, line breaks, and proper spacing through all stages of each project. Proofreaders will also ensure that graphic images are print ready and that resolution meets quality standards.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Proofreading print and digital copy for clarity and readability
• Working through admin online tool, to proofread and make edits
• Following and interpreting clients' layout instructions as received via online tool or via supplied hard copy
• Working closely with Creative Services Supervisor and Client Services Departments to ensure proof deadlines are being met
• Must be organized, detail-oriented, and able to work in a fast paced environment
• Must possess strong command of the English language and excellent grammar skills
• Ability to multitask and work on a variety of projects to ensure proof deadlines
• Must possess good technical skills -- Acrobat/Mac Platform
• Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications OR similar work experience
• Flexible work schedule
• Experience with Automotive Advertising a plus, but not required
• Bilingual in English & Spanish languages a plus, but not required
• Proficient in MS Office/Open Office
Interested applicants should respond with resume, salary requirements and availability.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities