QR Code Link to This Post
Responsible for operating forklift to load and unload containers; assist with ensuring a safe and clean working environment, inside and out, for assigned storage center location.
To Apply: http://www.jobs.net/j/JmlifPHu?idpartenaire=10103
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Operate the forklift to load and unload containers from local delivery and inter-franchise drivers, new container inventory, repositioning and customer access; load trucks for first route & stage IF and access
• Follow AM SOP by printing routes & pulling ancillary when assigned
• Insure that all full containers staged outside during the day are returned to the warehouse each night
• Maintain PODHUNTER
• Fuel forklift, complete daily forklift inspection reports and maintain those records onsite; notify manager of needed repairs
• Assist with ensuring a safe and clean working environment, inside and out, for assigned facility
• Print and time-stamp all waybills; may scan and upload contracts, addendums and other documents
• When required, repair damaged containers
• Maintain contact with drivers as needed, assisting them with their daily routes
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Market Manager or Territory Manager
• Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management)
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Education & Experience Requirements
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 0-2 years storage center experience preferred
• Previous forklift experience required
• Ability to obtain Forklift Driver Certification
• Possess basic computer skills i.e. data entry and knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Possess math skills sufficient to perform required duties
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
• Ability to frequently remain in stationary position for operating forklift
• Ability to frequently ascend/descend cab of forklift using three points of contact
• Ability to occasionally move boxes weighting up to 50 lbs
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus; strong sense of spatial relations and negotiate tight spaces.
• Ability to frequently write, use computer, operate forklift, use handheld device and manipulate documents
• Ability to frequently communicate and exchange information with manager, co-workers and customers
• Shift start times may vary; some additional hours may be required including Saturdays/Sundays; required to work overtime as needed.
• Travel requirements: Negligible
• Storage centers may not be climate controlled except for specific areas.
• Regularly works around moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity. Noise level may be loud at times.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to vibration. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock
• Regular attendance and punctuality required
• Subject to pre-employment criminal background check and/or drug screening as well as random drug screenings in accordance with company policy
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed; the level of knowledge and skills typically required; and usual working conditions of this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive listing of all requirements or responsibilities that may be required by employees in this job.
Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
PODS Enterprises, LLC is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. We will not discriminate unlawfully against qualified applicants or employees with respect to any term or condition of employment based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, place of birth, military service status, or other basis protected by law.
It is essential for us to work in an atmosphere of friendly cooperation; it is your responsibility to:
• Ask your direct supervisor for an explanation of anything you do not understand.
• Attend Orientation class and any required training sessions.
• Read your job description and Associate Handbook; sign the required acknowledgement documents and return to HR.
• Ask any questions about these items as well as any information given to you at meetings and through individual or group instructions, which will assist your understanding of this position.