ABOUT CRAFT COLLECTIVE: Craft Collective is an independent craft beer distribution company focused on quality, small, craft producers. We maintain ample refrigeration, a fully climate-controlled warehouse, and refrigerated delivery vehicles. Our people represent our brands with enthusiasm and diligently care for our products. We're honest, accommodating, and committed to helping small craft producers succeed. We primarily work with New England and New York breweries like Proclamation, Battery Steele, Singlecut, Oxbow, Aeronaut, Finback, Idle Hands, Kent Falls, and many more. You can view our portfolio at http://www.getcraft.co/massachusetts/.
EMPLOYMENT AT CRAFT COLLECTIVE: Craft Collective is a well-capitalized startup company. We offer competitive pay, employee stock ownership, terrific benefits, and a craft-beer enthusiast culture. We are dedicated and passionate about this industry. We work hard and will expect the same from you. This position offers the opportunity to become part of a great team of individuals driven to deliver the best quality craft beverages to the finest establishments in Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
POSITION OVERVIEW: This is a first shift position with a 6:00AM-8:00 start time, dependent upon daily delivery schedules. Days of operation are Monday through Friday. Very rarely you will be asked to work a Saturday. Upon arrival you will check in with warehouse management to go over any questions or specifics before leaving to begin your assigned route. You will then drive a 16 - 26" box truck to make deliveries to stores and restaurants throughout Massachusetts area. After making all assigned deliveries, you will return the truck to the warehouse, unload, and perform check-out procedures, thus ending your day. Typically, you will finish between between 4:00 - 6:00PM. On a typical week, you can expect to work approximately 45-50 hours. Longer days will be required as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organize truck for efficient delivery and safe transport.
- Drive truck and deliver product to customers.
- Stock coolers in an orderly manner.
- Pick up returns of bottles, empty kegs and product.
- Interact professionally with customers.
- Adhere to all professional appearance requirements (clothing, footwear, etc.).
- Check vehicle for safety/maintenance issues prior to leaving the warehouse and throughout the day.
- Unload any returns and ensure the proper information on each return is communicated to warehouse staff
- Perform daily check-out procedures.
- Return empties to suppliers and pick up product.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Current valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
- Prior professional delivery driving experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently with a strong sense of urgency.
- Strong communication skills and prior experience working with the public.
- Ability to perform physically demanding work. This includes frequent lifting and handling of cases of up to 50 lbs and kegs of up to 165 pounds.
- Ability to frequently push, pull, and handle fully loaded wheelers.
- Must be able to maintain D.O.T medical certificate.
- Must pass various pre-employment background checks in adherence with DOT regulations.
- Must possess a mobile phone with data plan.
- Knowledge and interest in Craft Beer is preferred.
- Job duties are performed inside and outside retail buildings, including in basements with low ceiling heights and tight hallways.
- Exposure to outside/winter weather, walk-in cooler temperatures, and riding in delivery trucks. Exposure to diesel fumes, vibrations and noise levels of trucks.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers