DCL is a dynamic manufacturer of custom architectural products, including signage and specialty elements with offices in Avon, Orlando and New York. DCL is currently seeking a technical full-time (FT) Graphics Layout to join our Graphics Department in Avon .
Graphics Layout is a computer based role responsible for the layout of graphic images for the production of custom signage. Using a variety of computer software, the Graphics Lead adjusts kerning and leading for placement of graphics and generates proofs for review by Project Managers and clients. This person also uses the computer to run the vinyl plotter and to produce films for a variety of processes and mask for paint and sand blasting, and assists as needed in the manual installation of vinyl graphic images. This position is also about 30% hands on production, responsible for the physical creation of our graphic products.
While this is not a graphic design or product design role, we offer a dynamic, creative work environment and a chance to be part of a team of highly skilled and talented professionals.
All of our work is schedule driven; the ideal candidate must have a strong work ethic and be able to manage time and multiple priorities effectively while working in a highly collaborative environment. The ability to find solutions through positive attitude, taking direction and flexibility is essential. Stellar capacity to focus on the task at hand and a demonstrated ability to mentor/work with others effectively will also be required.
• Flexible team player
• Skilled in the use of Corel Draw and/or Adobe Illustrator
• Aptitude for numbers and understanding of sections and elevations
• Ability to read and comprehend shop drawings will be a must
• Superb communication skills
• Knowledge of materials and the built environment is preferred
• HIGHLY organized and detail-oriented
• Background in vinyl application, sign production or related technical discipline is also highly preferred
• Sense of humor
• Superb communication skills; both written and verbal