compensation: $23.44 per hour employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
WORK Inc. is actively recruiting for a Secretary position at the Barnes Building in Boston. The successful candidate will perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities for the Office of the Facility Manager and the Project Manager to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization. Essential Functions and responsibilities include but are not limited to: preparation of badges, distribution of mail, key control, control of parking, telephone control, preparation of accident reports, assignment of mail boxes and general filing.
The successful candidate will have a high school diploma with a minimum of 2 years of experience in secretarial or general office administration and knowledge of general office computer systems including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Suite. This is a highly visible position that requires strong organizational and customer service skills, excellent written and oral communication, computer literacy and an ability to work comfortably and effectively with a wide variety of individuals including those with disabilities.
The position currently pays $23.44 per hour at 40 hours per week ($48,755.20/year) and includes an individual plan of benefits including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance and long term disability insurance that are paid for in full by the employer. Other benefits include 10 paid Federal holidays, two weeks of paid vacation per year to start, one paid Float Holiday and 7 paid sick days per year.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate and maintain records for Personal Identification badges
• Distribution of mail
• Key control
• Telephone control
• Control of parking
• Preparation of accident reports
• Assignment of mailboxes
Other tasks and duties include but are not limited to:
• Answer, screen and transfer inbound phone calls
• General clerical duties including photocopying, fax and mailing
• Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
• Retrieve documents from filing system
• Handle requests for information and data
• Resolve administrative problems and inquiries
• Prepare written responses to routine enquiries
• Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence
• Maintain office supply inventories
• Coordinate maintenance of office equipment
Education and Experience:
• Computer skills and knowledge of relevant software
• 2 years’ experience in a secretarial of general office setting
• Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment.
• Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping
• Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management
• Communication skills - written and verbal
• Planning and organizing
• Problem assessment and problem solving
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Customer service orientation
WORK Inc. is a leader in the field of providing work opportunities for individuals with disabilities, is an equal employment opportunity company, and encourages Individuals with disabilities and Veterans to apply. Please contact 617-691-1506 if you require any assistance in responding to this advertisement
Interested parties should send resume with cover letter detailing your qualifications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers