The (PE) Professional Engineer / Structural Engineer is a graduate of a Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Architectural Engineering or similar college program who has in depth knowledge of structural properties and a proven track record through their career of creative thinking and a unique approach to design. This person having passed the PE exam and being licensed is a plus. All of our work is schedule driven. This individual must be able to manage time and multiple priorities effectively while working in a creative team environment. The ability to speak more than one language and a willingness to travel would be added advantages.
QR Code Link to This Post
• Design Engineering - troubleshooting issues of client's designs to solve problems related to electrical/mechanical/fabrication/installation processes, or types and properties of materials including aluminum, steel, glass, plastics, etc.
• Customer support - value engineering and design solutions through client consult
• Manufacturing support - research, analysis, solutions, shop drawings, testing and documentation, design for manufacture
• Familiarity with wind/snow/ice/seismic load calculations
• Knowledge of foundation design
• Superb inter-personal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both written and verbal, with clients, co-workers, and all related trades
• High energy, passion for excellence
• Imaginative/Artistic/Solution seeking
• Maintain a positive attitude with the ability to be flexible and have a strong work ethic
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Civil, Structural or Architectural Engineering from an ABET accredited university
• Proven track record of coming to creative results
• Experience working within the construction industry designing aluminum, steel and concrete structures including foundations
• Professional Engineer license (P.E.) is a plus
• Working experience with AutoCAD (3D preferred) and MathCad
• Knowledgeable about structural design software use and limitations
• Structural experience highly preferred
• Sense of humor essential
• Superb communication skills; both written and verbal
Visit our website at www.designcommunicationsltd.com and submit a resume today for immediate consideration.
*DCL is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
Keywords: Professional Engineer, EIT, FE, signage, residential, commercial