Weekdays 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m./Various days available
QR Code Link to This Post
The League School of Greater Boston is a year-round program dedicated to the education of children with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Our team approach to education creates a collaborative, supportive and open environment within our community. We are currently seeking SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS to start immediately. Flexible schedules available, but must work 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on assigned days. May not work more than 4 days each week. Excellent opportunity to join our team. Salary range: $18.00 - $25.10 per hour, depending on credentials.
*Bachelor's Degree in related field required. Master's degree preferred.
*Autism experience highly preferred; classroom experience required.
*MA Teaching License highly preferred (SPED given preference), but not required.
*CPR, CPI and First Aid certifications (training provided if necessary)
*Valid driver's license.
Supervision Received: Assistant Principal/Head Teachers
Supervision Exercised: none
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
1. Implements lessons and tasks, according to Individual Education Programs, within the classroom/school and community settings.
2. Supervises students at community-based job sites and provides job-coaching services for students according to individual program needs.
3. Acts as liaison for communication between community-based employers and the League School of Greater Boston's Vocational Coordinator according to individual program needs.
4. Collects and records data regarding student performance in instructional and behavioral areas.
5. Develops a therapeutic and effective relationship with students: uses appropriate voice modulation, sets reasonable boundaries with communication and actions, etc.
6. Follows schedules within the classroom and the school to provide structure and limit stimuli for the students.
7. Implements student behavior programs: positive reinforcement breaks, time outs, etc., as designed by the Behavior Department and the team.
8. Completes daily paperwork, as needed, to include: notes to parents, Incident Reports, Accident Reports, etc.
9. Monitors health and safety of students and follows through with the School Nurse on incidents requiring medical attention.
10. Works as a team player. Attends supervision, classroom meetings, program meetings and staff meetings.
11. Participates in all trainings, as required by League School of Greater Boston.
12. Performs other related duties, as assigned by the Program Coordinator, Assistant Principal or Principal, that are deemed necessary for the operation of the school, such as evening trainings, Open House, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office.
The League School offers a part-time benefit package that includes a 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, accrued sick time and wellness benefits such as free gym membership.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The League School of Greater Boston is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment that is free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by federal and state laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who challenge such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and other supporting documentation such as transcripts, curriculum vitae, letter(s) of reference, etc. to HR@leagueschool.com or by mail to:
League School of Greater Boston
Attn: Human Resources
300 Boston Providence Turnpike
Walpole, MA 02032
No phone calls please.
You may also link to our current job opportunities by accessing our website www.leagueschool.org and clicking: About → League at a Glance → Careers