The primary responsibility of the Accounting Manager is to oversee the Accounting Department including the general ledger, the biweekly payroll process and the daily department productivity as well as the review of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable process. The Accounting Manager will work closely with the Partners in establishing processes and work flow that create efficiency and increase productivity within the department.
This position has supervisory responsibility and is the point person for department problem-solving situations and staff support relating to day-to-day tasks.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Analytical and database management skills; advanced skills in Excel including importing and exporting data files preferred; and intermediate skills in Word
• Prior experience as a manager with strong management abilities including staff planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; provides regular performance feedback; develops skills and encourages growth
• Problem-solving mindset approach and ability to identify and solve problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
• Good organizational skills, detail and deadline focused with a track record of accuracy and quality control
• Able to shift and manage multiple priorities and competing deadlines
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work as a member of several teams
• Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university highly preferred.
• Experience: Five to eight years accounting experience required. Previous experience in a supervisory position. Two to three years of hands-on experience in managing, processing payroll, general understanding of payroll tax implications and application of benefits.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers