compensation: pay commensurate with experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We are a small public accounting firm on the South Shore looking to hire a new full-time staff accountant. We prepare over 700 personal returns and work with more than 200 business entities in a variety of industries.
Roles & responsibilities:
• Preparation of Form 1040, 1120, 1120S, 1065 and 1041 tax returns
• Preparation of reviewed and compiled financial statements and personal financial statements
• Perform bookkeeping functions for in-house clients
• File sales and use tax returns for in-house clients
• Assist clients undergoing state or federal audits and correspond with tax authorities
• Answer incoming phone calls when necessary
• Manage client relationship via face-to-face meetings, phone calls and emails
• Manage workflow and client expectations regarding completion of projects
• Provide consulting services on occasion
• Perform administrative duties when necessary
This is a dynamic role that requires someone who is self-directed and motivated. Because the team is small, the right employee will be someone who is comfortable fulfilling a number of functions and learning on the fly. Strong written and oral communication skills are a must. Must also be comfortable learning new technologies and software. Familiarity with the Thomson Reuters suite of accounting and tax products including UltraTax, Creative Solutions Accounting, Workpapers CS, etc. is a plus. A bachelor's degree in accounting or finance is desired but not required.
Pay will be commensurate with experience and ability to produce. This is not a seasonal role. We are willing to train the right candidate.
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities