compensation: Based On Experience-Excellent Benefits Package employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Location: John M. Corcoran Company- 100 Grandview Road - Braintree MA 02184
Yardi and Excel Experience necessary.
Title: Senior Property Accountant
Reports to: Controller
Responsible for accounting and external financial reporting for a portfolio of properties encompassing the full spectrum of transaction processing, general ledger analysis, external financial reporting, annual audit preparation and ownership distributions. The Senior Property Accountant will be responsible for updating and documenting accounting procedures to ensure accuracy, consistency and compliance throughout the entire portfolio which is composed of both owned and fee-managed market, mixed use and affordable multi-family properties.
• Ensure timely payments of monthly mortgages and quarterly real estate tax payments.
• Create and maintain recurring payables and journal entries for each property as needed.
• Process non-standard or non-recurring payables and journal entries as necessary.
• Record monthly gross potential rents, loss/gain to lease and vacancy.
• Analyze, calculate and record monthly accrued expenses when necessary.
• Perform all monthly account reconciliations and update supporting analytical schedules on a timely basis (cash, intercompany accounts, accounts receivable, prepaid expenses, accounts payable, accrued expenses).
• Recalculate and adjust management fees as required.
• Review and analyze monthly general ledger activity, research and resolve with property management personnel and record any adjusting or reclassifying entries necessary.
• Complete month-end closing and prepare and submit periodic reporting packages to lenders and/or investors as required.
• Partner with property management personnel in preparation of periodic and ad hoc reporting requests from ownership.
• Prepare year-end audit workpapers for external audit. Field on-going audit requests and manage the audit process for your portfolio. Review audited financial statements and distribute as necessary when finalized.
• Support property management's annual budget preparation by preparing detailed budgets of specific non-operational expenses (ex. debt service, insurance and real estate taxes).
• Monitor available cash on an ongoing basis.
• Process and record cash transfers (wires, intercompany transfers, accounts payable and payroll funding, ownership distributions) as needed.
• Document or update accounting procedures.
• Identify process improvement opportunities to be evaluated.
• Be the project manager on specific accounting, inter-departmental and software application initiatives as identified.
Skills and Experience:
• 7-10 years of accounting experience, with 3-5 years of property (multi-family housing) experience
• Prior experience with Yardi 7s required; transactional proficiency, in-depth understanding and use of standard reports and prior experience with account trees and/or custom reports is welcomed.
• Efficient use and understanding of Microsoft Office suite of products, with intermediate (or higher) level Excel skills.
• Highly organized with demonstrable prioritization and deadline management capabilities.
• Attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
• Self-motivated with the desire to take on new projects and responsibilities with limited guidance.
• Collaborative and superlative work ethic.
• Prior accounting system software set-up, module implementation or migration experience not required but preferred
• CPA a plus, but not required.
Corcoran Management Company: The Company
With over five decades of growth and success, Corcoran Management Company is one of New England's most highly regarded property management companies. We specialize in the development and management of apartment communities -- delivering superior customer service and maintaining exceptional quality standards.
At Corcoran Management Company, we encourage our employees to grow with us as we develop a growing portfolio of communities. Employee growth and development is fostered by providing job skills seminars, industry education, professional certification and advancement opportunities. All the while, we pride ourselves in maintaining a small, personal company atmosphere where every individual matters.
In other words, we don't just Create Communities --- we also Build Careers in residential property management. We offer attractive salaries plus commissions, generous bonuses and excellent benefits.
If integrity, teamwork and superior customer service are as important to you as they are to us, we invite you to forward your resume to Cathleen Donahue@ [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or fax it to 781-849-0157
Corcoran Management Company..............building careers since 1951.
FAX- 781-849-0157 office - 781-849-0011
Corcoran Management Company is an E.O.E. / Drug Free employer.
Please visit our website at: WWW.CORCORANAPTS.COM
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers