compensation: Hourly commensurate with experience $15-18 employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Are you outgoing and do you value customer service? Do you have a sense of urgency and a desire to work hard? Are you safety-conscious and service-oriented? If so, then Peabody Supply, a division of Hajoca Corporation, would like you to join the dedicated team at our Methuen location as a flex teammate. As a flex teammate, your primary responsibility will be in our warehouse, handling incoming and outgoing materials. You will also occasionally be required to make deliveries and work on our fast paced counter. Our team of 9 has been servicing the Merrimack Valley for 11 years offering the very best in plumbing and hydronic. We are a close-knit group that works together to provide the best service to both new and existing customers. We value ethical sales and our family-like business atmosphere.
As a flex teammate, you will be responsible for counting, verifying, and receiving incoming vendor shipments and customer return material, stocking and maintaining the warehouse, and picking, documenting, and packing customer orders. You will also sometimes be asked to make deliveries in a pickup truck and work on our counter as necessary. Your specific duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Receive, count, and verify incoming shipments
• Stock the warehouse and maintain cleanliness, order and safety
• Pick materials for orders, assemble and package the materials for shipment/pick up
• Load/unload trucks and operate a forklift safely
• Monitor inventory levels and stock depletions that could impact customer service
• Maintain warehouse cleanliness, order, and safety.
Skills and Experience
As a Warehouse teammate, you must be service-oriented and have a high level of attention to detail. An unwavering commitment to safety is essential.
The ideal candidate will possess the following traits:
• High school degree or equivalent
• The ability to learn to safely operate a forklift and other material-handling equipment
• Know of, apply, and practice safety precautions in a warehouse and material handling environment
• Outstanding customer service and communication skills
• The ability to maintain positive relationships with team members, vendors, and customers
• Sense of urgency
• Eye for precision
• General efficiency and the desire to make our processes more efficient
• Willingness to learn
• No experience required
• Bilingual individuals preferred
• Because you will potentially using some of our larger fleet vehicles, candidate needs to be at least 21 years of age
Hajoca Corporation is the nation’s largest privately held wholesale distributor of plumbing, heating and air-conditioning, industrial pipes-valves-fittings, pool and waterworks supplies for residential, commercial, industrial and infrastructure construction. We have approximately 400 locations, called Profit Centers, throughout the United States, representing the premier product lines in our industry.
Since 1858, Hajoca has been blending the strengths and clout of a large company with freedom and opportunity for employees. The company will continue to grow and prosper because our fundamental business philosophy works: emphasis on entrepreneurial spirit, expert knowledge, strong incentives for our employees, and devotion to Hajoca’s proven business principles of “Service, Integrity, Reliability.”
Although Hajoca is a large company, we work in a decentralized environment where each of our locations, called Profit Centers, is run by the Profit Center Manager as if it was their own small business. We give you the tools you need to succeed, investing in your personal and professional growth through targeted training programs, and reward team success through our profit sharing opportunities and generous benefits package which includes:
• Medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
• 401 (k) and retirement cash account
• Life insurance
• Pre-tax accounts for healthcare and dependent care
• Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time
Hajoca Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EOE and M/F/Disability/Veterans.) We are a drug free workplace, with pre-employment drug screening required. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
If selected for an interview, candidates should expect to
- Meet with general manager of the Methuen location
- Engage in a group interview with at least 3 current teammates
- Submit to a wonderlic and personality test (to determine aptitude and fit)
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers