Professional Admin needed to assist the president of a small consulting firm in Concord, MA founded by two Harvard Business School professors. He/she will prepare complex international travel arrangements, manage scheduling, prepare expense reports, pay personal bills and prepare reports, manage files, provide assistance to the executive and his family, and work on miscellaneous projects as requested. He/she will work to free the president's time to focus on his top objectives. The firm's clients are typically high-level executives at global companies (as well as occasional members of the Forbes 400 list and senior government leaders) and thus the position will require a professional attitude and strong written and oral communication skills. Because the executive has significant travel, the candidate must be comfortable working with little supervision and be able to work with attention to detail and exercise good judgment in making decisions. This person will have access to confidential company and personal information and must maintain the highest standard of confidentiality.
QR Code Link to This Post
The ideal candidate is:
* Intelligent, energetic, cheerful, assertive, and a great listener.
* Proactive and able to learn to anticipate the executive's schedule, needs and preferences and quickly develop an understanding of the significance of the people he/she may be in contact with on behalf of the executive.
* Extremely organized, a great problem solver and multi-tasker.
* Willing and able to adapt to last-minute changes, patient.
* Able to work effectively and independently, prioritize tasks, take responsibility for quality/accuracy of work, and bring projects to closure without much direction.
* Able to work effectively with staff (at all levels), remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism.
* Able to stay flexible and poised under pressure.
* Comfortable providing backup support to other staff.
* Excellent communication skills; comfortable with and effective at working with people over the phone.
* Must be a continuous learner and problem-solver as it relates to requirements of the position.
* A college graduate.
* Proficient in MS Office.
* Experienced with Quicken or QuickBooks (desirable but not essential as long as the candidate is willing to learn).
* Two to four years of experience working in an organization is desirable (though the experience need not be as an EA/PA).
* Experience living abroad or having traveled internationally is helpful.
Salary is flexible based upon experience. Good benefits, team-oriented small office environment where we all pitch in to get the job done!