Wheelchair Van Driver – Adult Day Health
QR Code Link to This Post
The Community Family a non-profit organization with more than 40 years of experience providing high quality adult day health care is looking for a van driver to transport elders to our Lowell center Monday through Friday.
Position Summary: The primary responsibilities of this position are to safely transport elders to our center, interact with families and the public during the course of doing the job, and provide compassionate service to our clients.
Available hours: 30 – 35 hours per week – Monday through Friday. Split shift with morning and afternoon shift. (Potential for job sharing)
- Experience transporting adults, valid MA license, good driving record
- Ability to communicate with a diverse group and communicate in English. Spanish and/or Portuguese language capability is a plus.
- Ability to work as a team player and to communicate with center staff about changes in schedules and relevant home situations.
- Outgoing, warm and caring personality
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening required.
- Will be provided training including CPR and First Aid certification.
- Transporting clients from to center in the morning and home again in the afternoon
- Securely locking in wheelchairs and using seatbelts for others passengers
- Keeping van clean and reporting all maintenance needs
- Some paperwork required.
- Communicate respectfully with participants, families, and the general public
- Perform other duties as assigned