compensation: commensurate with experience employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
The PEAR Institute: Partnerships in Education and Resilience at McLean Hospital and Harvard Medical School creates and fosters evidence-based innovations in socio-emotional learning (SEL) and Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) in youth-serving organizations. PEAR provides trainings and assessment tools that inform educational programs and professionals about program quality in schools and afterschool settings. This position will work across PEAR departments with an emphasis on the interface between our SEL and STEM-related research.
The PEAR Institute seeks an individual with an interest in using data to propel the academic success and wellness of diverse youth. The Research Assistant (RA) job is a full-time position that includes managing data, contributing to the programming and design of our data reporting mechanisms, and performing basic statistical analyses across projects at PEAR. The position requires strong analytic, presentation, writing and communication skills.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Create, edit, and maintain survey documents
• Coordinate SEL/STEM evaluations with external partners
• Monitor and maintain databases
• Conduct descriptive and inferential statistical analyses
• Create and disseminate data reports for clients
• Perform literature reviews and create bibliographies
• Provide information related to trainings, research projects and/or data collection to PEAR staff, clients, and other evaluation stakeholders
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree (B.S. or B.A.) in Education, Social Sciences, or a related field
• Recent Graduate with relevant course or project work
• Experience and demonstrated skills related to data collection, data entry, management and the preparation of internal and external research reports, documents and briefs
• Proficiency in statistics and experience using different types of software for data manipulation, management, storage and scheduling (e.g., SPSS, R, STATA, MS Excel, Qualtrics)
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Some experience with basic programming a plus
• Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple deadlines and priorities
• Must be able to work across platforms (i.e., Apple and PC computers)
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers