compensation: We pay competitive salaries and have excellent benefits package including health insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance and 401K retirement plan employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
EMMAUS Inc., a community based housing agency serving homeless families and individuals, is seeking candidates to fill two full time housing case managers positions. Successful candidates will provide housing placement and stabilization supports to homeless and at-risk households relocating into permanent housing. Housing case managers will assist these households to develop and implement a housing stabilization plan to help them meet their own identified goals and remain stably housed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinate stabilization services to ensure safe, sanitary, affordable housing stability.
• Engage all participants in developing a comprehensive written stabilization plan ensuring positive housing stability.
• Conduct regular home visits with participants to support them in maintaining housing stability.
• Assist families and /or individuals to identify needed community services, make appropriate referrals, and follow up with participants on results.
• Accompany and transport participants when necessary to support them in obtaining housing and other community services.
• Maintain written progress reports and supporting documentation and enter assessments and monthly housing stabilization reports into the state's HMIS computer based information system.
• Landlord/tenant mediation and advocacy
• Other duties as requested by the program director or supervisors.
• AA in related field with additional years of experience can be substituted).
• A minimum of 2 years' experience working with low income populations.
• Non-profit experience preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to read, write and speak in English.
• Bi-Lingual Spanish /English preferred.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Must be able to pass a motor vehicle records check to screen for safe driving record.
• Must maintain a valid driver's license.
• Must undergo CORI check before hiring.
Please make sure to indicate which program/position you wish to be considered for in your cover letter and email subject line.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers