A Better Chance is a national, non-profit organization providing academically talented students of color with an opportunity to attend outstanding public and private secondary schools. Since 1967, A Better Chance of Andover has been closing the education gap for students of color in American society. We bring motivated students to live in Andover, where they attend Andover High School to better prepare for college.
The RESIDENT ASSISTANT'S core responsibilities on the Resident Director's team include:
• Living in residence with our 7-9 female scholars at the ABC dormitory late August-June
• Participating in a rotating weekly supervisory schedule overseeing Sun-Thurs dinners, study hours, and weekends. (approximately 15-20 hours per week plus overnights). Off–duty from ABC during school hours, school vacations, summers, holidays and rotating weekends.
• Supporting student academic progress in collaboration with the Academic Committee
• Assisting students in establishing personal goals consistent with the program objectives
• Attending family style dinners with students and creating a supportive family environment
• Overseeing student chores related to the day-to-day upkeep of the house
• Attending August staff and student orientations, weekly meetings and several fundraising or organizational events during the academic year
• Sharing a school year of life with a remarkable and diverse group of young women!
• Compensation: Private Room, Board (4 nights), Cable, Internet, Utilities, Off-Street Parking (no monetary compensation)
Resident Assistants require a Bachelors degree, be enrolled as a full-time student, or be employed full time elsewhere. Requires a car, current driver's license, and auto insurance.
More info at AndoverABC.org or check us out on Facebook.com/ABCAndover
Please submit resumes and cover letters by email.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers