compensation: Based on Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Activity Director - Adult Day Health Center - Lowell Center
Be part of a staff team dedicated to making each day a positive one.
Position Summary: The primary responsibilities of this position are to: plan a varied therapeutic activity program for elders including those with memory loss; create daily activity schedule and provide direction to staff. This is a key position in ensuring quality of life for our participants.
Available hours: 40 hours per week: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience working in a social or recreational program - one of which was full-time in an activities program in a health care setting.
- Experience planning a varied and stimulation activity program for a diverse group.
- Basic computer skills
- Good communication skills and ability to interact with clients, staff and families.
- Able to inspire participants and staff to engage throughout the day.
- Certified Activity Director preferred.
- Responsible for all aspects of the activity program including: planning activities, preparing daily schedule, providing direction to staff, and operating within a budget.
- Completing initial activity assessment on all participants
- Quarterly documentation on all participants
- Overseeing direct care staff to insure implementation of activity program
- Work as part of a team and assist as needed to reach goals and provide the best of care to participants.
- Communicate respectfully with participants, families, other staff and all visitors
- Perform other duties as assigned
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers