compensation: to be determined based on applicants qualifications employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
BROAD FUNCTION DESCRIPTION
Summary: The System Integration Engineer will work with the Technical Program Manager and the customer to verify and validate that the product being developed for the customer meets the customers requirements. These products typically range from microprocessor based appliances, single board embedded computers, and complex Intel multiprocessor server systems. In addition, the System Integration Engineer, working as a member of the New Product Introduction (NPI) Team, will develop the work instructions and process checklists necessary to assemble the product, the test procedures necessary to validate the product, and any necessary fixtures, tools, or test beds that may be needed for the assembly and test processes. The System Integration Engineer will also work with the Systems/Operations Engineer to troubleshoot problems with production and take corrective action.
• Drive development efforts for new customer products. Analysis and development of mfg functions, capacities, and facilities needed for the production of the customers product.
• Create the automated validation and test procedure utilizing WinPE based scripts and various vendor utilities.
• Work with the customer in documenting requirements and resolving various system issues.
• Set up ERP part number structures, routings, and BOMs for new products.
• As a member of the NPI Team, works to design and structure the manufacturing work flows for new products.
• Create and update of related documentation (assembly instructions, test procedures, specifications, checklists, etc.)
• Train manufacturing staff on assembly and test procedures.
• Work with manufacturing to help troubleshoot production problems that arise
• Staying current with major vendor technology roadmaps.
• Other Duties: Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• Experience with Windows CLI and batch scripting, Linux command line.
• Knowledge of Microsoft PXE hardware/software and WinPE OS.
• Strong knowledge of computer hardware - CPUs, motherboards, RAID/storage concepts, I/O protocols, compatibility.
• Software experience - Installation and configuration of Microsoft Windows and various Linux OS's, BIOS updating and optimization.
• Strong experience in development of processes for light manufacturing; specifically computer servers and embedded systems.
• Strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work well with others - teamwork, cooperation, respect, and integrity, and excellent communication.
• Must be a self-motivated, organized and strong communicator
• BS/MS degree in ME/EE/CS/Mfg or other related Science/Engineering field.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers