Navigant Consulting, Inc. (NYSE: NCI) is a specialized, global professional services firm that helps clients take control of their future. Navigant's professionals apply deep industry knowledge, substantive technical expertise, and an enterprising approach to help clients build, manage and/or protect their business interests. With a focus on markets and clients facing transformational change and significant regulatory or legal pressures, the Firm primarily serves clients in the healthcare, energy and financial services industries. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and technology/analytics services, Navigant's practitioners bring sharp insight that pinpoints opportunities and delivers powerful results. More information about Navigant can be found at navigant.com.
Energy Practice Summary: Navigant's Energy practice helps clients strengthen their enterprises in order to increase performance, opportunity, and growth. Our professionals possess an extensive understanding of regulatory processes, wholesale and retail pricing, supply and demand dynamics, energy market design, fuel sourcing, financing, technologies and operations to a wide variety of players across the energy spectrum.
Our combination of industry knowledge and functional expertise enables us to uniquely manage high-profile issues including transmission development, NERC and FERC compliance, stimulus funding, energy efficiency, renewable energy, merger and acquisition analysis, and the energy crisis in general. Our services are designed to benefit owners, developers, investors, and regulators as we help them minimize risk and optimize performance in this critical, complex, and ever-evolving industry.
This role can be based in any of the following locations: Washington, DC; Burlington, MA; Boulder, CO.
Navigant Research is seeking a junior research editor with strong desk-top publishing capabilities, who can edit, format, and publish research reports adhering to company guidelines and dedicated templates.
Responsibilities include editing reports using the Chicago Manual of Style (CMOS) with some company modifications; checking and correcting formatting for documents created in Microsoft Word and Excel; preparing files for publication in WordPress; and any other needed editing or formatting duties, such as blogs, marketing materials, and proposals. Candidates should have demonstrable editing skills and experience (technical editing experience is a plus), advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and intermediate knowledge of the WordPress publishing platform.
Essential Job Functions:
• Responsible for detailed report formatting and copy editing of research and technical reports and custom projects (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) to ensure quality and mitigate risk/errors
• High proficiency in software needed to support editing of non-report files including presentations, blogs, proposals, etc., as well as software applications used for internal tracking
• Publication duties for reports, including the creation of PDF files, website pages, and email notifications
• Assist consultants and analyst in the use of company templates and style guide
• Assist in updating company templates and house style guide on a biannual basis to promote established procedures and best practices
• Coordinate with other team members to ensure high quality reports
• Other duties as assigned
• Communicate with other team members to ensure consistency and help manage workflow
• Work with analysts to identify problems and propose solutions that support company and research team goals
• Support in resource planning for report publication, blog edits, etc.
• Train new hires on Navigant Research templates, style guide, and project management system
• 4-year college degree in English, Journalism, or a related field
• 1-2+ years of editing experience
• Outstanding attention to detail
• Excellent proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint including styles, templates, and charts
• Solid grammar and copy-editing skills, including familiarity with The Chicago Manual of Style
• Efficient formatting skills
• Strong organizational and file management skills
• Versed in different communication styles including instant messaging, email, WebEx, etc.
• Communicate frequently with co-workers as well as with managers to discern their needs, and be able to express themselves
• Work as a member of a team as well as be a self-motivator with ability to work independently
• Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment to coordinate work
• Usually remains stationary for the majority of the day
• Frequently communicates with clients and coworkers and must be able to share information effectively
• Generally works in an office environment
The company offers competitive compensation packages including an incentive compensation plan, comprehensive medical/dental/life insurance, 401(k) and employee stock purchase plans.
Navigant does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Navigant and Navigant will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Navigant is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Navigant will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.