Looking for a Full Time Delivery Driver to join our team! We work with local libraries to provide courier services, transporting book inventory between locations.
This position services the Greater Boston Area and is based out of our warehouse in WILMINGTON.
Being a full-time position, we do offer benefits such as PTO and insurance!
Start day loading small crates (up to 50 lbs each) into van at our Wilmington warehouse; then, using company box truck, follow pre-determined route delivering these crates to various libraries in the region. Retrieve any outgoing crates from each location while making deliveries, and return to our Wilmington warehouse to unload truck.
35 hrs / week, currently hiring for the following set schedule:
METRO 3 = M-F, 7am - 2pm.
This position starts and ends each day at our warehouse in WILMINGTON.
• Candidates must be at least 21 years of age
• Legal to work in the U.S.
• Local to the Wilmington, MA area
• Must hold a valid Driver's License, clean driving record for the past three years, and verifiable references
• Must have no record of any DOIs
• Accuracy and attention-to-detail is a must; our couriers are responsible for scheduled deliveries at specific locations
• Subject to background check and random drug testing
• Customer Service mindset, as our couriers represent the company when making deliveries face-to-face with customers
• Deliver / Courier experience in this area is a plus
• Have a positive attitude, neat and clean appearance, and be fluent in English
• Must be able to lift 50+ lbs at once regularly throughout the day
• Must able to lift, bend, hoist, and carry
WHO ARE WE?
We are Optima and we do logistics.
Logistics is what we do: we plan, implement and coordinate volume shipments for our customers. Our courteous, uniformed drivers are equipped with Smart Phones, enabled with GPS tracking, bar code scanning and electronic signature capture technologies.
Optima customers enjoy the focused attention of a knowledgeable customer service team that gets to know them well over time. These strong personal relationships make our job more fun as well as more efficient. As an Optima customer, you're not dependent on one personal relationship. Every customer service person has a back-up rep who is familiar with the account and can provide seamless service.
Most importantly, every one of Optima's over 200 employees has a single mission: to get our customers' shipments delivered on time. If that means the president or a service representative needs to jump in his car in the middle of a snowstorm on a Saturday to get your package delivered on time, that's what we'll do.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers