compensation: 90-110k + benefits and bonus employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Join our growing team as the Lab & Operations Manager! Work closely with the Administrative team to ensure all Lab Operations run smoothly!
Core Job Responsibilities:
• Inventory control and ordering of laboratory supplies and reagents - receipt and delivery of incoming packages, checking for expired reagents, following up on orders, etc. Good communication with staff and external vendors is essential
• Placing orders daily in procurement system (Microsoft AX process expert), working with end-users and procurement to ensure orders are placed in an accurate and timely manner.
• Ensure point-of-use areas/common stock is maintained with required inventory levels. Record keeping of bio-samples and small molecule compounds, capital equipment, maintenance records, etc.
• Scheduling lab equipment maintenance
• Respond to new requests with appropriate urgency and an organized approach.
• Interface between vendors, IT, field scientists to facilitate effectiveness in the labs.
• Ensure proper functioning of computers interfaced with lab instruments and their routine backup functions are enabled. Make IT requests to put all the computers on network and prepare a log book for all lab equipment
• Own and keep track of lab supplies and instrument budget assigned to the research and translational medicine department
• A BS/MS or equivalent degree in biological sciences with at least 3-5 years working full time in a laboratory
setting either in an academia or industry
• Basic knowledge of computer applications (Microsoft Word, Excel)
• Familiarity with basic accounting principles is a plus.
• Demonstrate competency and have a collaborative drive to work with peers, partners, and others, including
individuals outside of the team and functional area, to positively impact business performance and optimize
the input of those involved.
• Strong people and organizational skills is a must.
• Past proven effectiveness in lab operations
• Outstanding knowledge of overall drug development process relevant to pharmaceutical and/or biotech
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with staff and key stakeholders and •
should have good conflict management skills.
• Excellent analytical skills, with an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way.
• Strong influence and negotiation skills.
• Results and detail-oriented; self-motivated.
• Working knowledge/understanding of best-practice alliance/collaboration management principles and
concepts, techniques and tools.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers