compensation: Hourly Dependent on Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Boston's Premier Caterer and restaurant group has an entry level opening in HR. Responsible for assisting Human Resources with Administrative tasks and ad hoc projects. Also responsible answering calls and greeting all guests at Corporate Office. Must be discreet and trustworthy. Must be fluent in spanish and english.
• Assists Human Resources in administration of 500 employee. Quickly and courteously responds to employee inquiries by phone or email.
• Accurately makes changes to employee records into HRIS system. Updates and assists with payroll processing.
• Enrolls employee benefits programs and reconciles to payroll.
• Assists in routine audits of HR records.
• Serves as Spanish translator for HR Department,
• Sits as witness during employee meetings and counseling sessions.
• Meets with new hires, and guides them through routine onboarding
• Responsible for maintaining and organizing employee records.
• Should have good basic math skills and working knowledge of Excel. Must be organized and professional, able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Manages the front desk to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally.
• Coordinates with IT vendor to troubleshoot technology issues. Maintains, the office equipment, including copier, fax machine, etc. Orders office supplies. Maintains inventory of office supplies and uniforms.
Skills and Attributes
• Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
• Fluency in English and Spanish with excellent writing skills
• Experience in hospitality industry preferred.
• Professional appearance and manner.
• Computer literacy, specifically MS Word, Office, Outlook and Excel for Windows.
• Ability to lift approximately 15-20 lbs.
Preferred Education and Experience
• Associates Degree or Equivalent
• At least two years related work experience preferred.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 20 pounds or less.