Lynn Shelter Association provides shelter, supportive case management services and housing solutions to people experiencing homelessness in Greater Lynn. Our service are designed to foster self-sufficiency and a return to independent life as quickly as possible.
Lynn Shelter Association is seeking a full-time Stabilization Case Manager. This position will facilitate the transition for families moving into independent housing, provide supportive services, case management and support to ensure housing stabilization.
Educational Requirements: Associates Degree in Human Services, Bachelor's degree preferred.
Experience: Applicants must have two years' experience in the Human Service Field providing case management, direct care to homeless families/individuals and/or related work.
• Provide 12-18 month stabilization management, when family moves to independent housing
• Develop and implement a comprehensive service plan for families
• Maintain accurate demographic and service statistics for each family
• Provide written monthly summaries of family goals, accomplishments, strategies and barriers
• Maintain a minimum of monthly contact with families, through site visits as needed, and/or email, phone follow up
• Compiles and maintain case records and files
• Mediate tenant-landlord issues
• Perform other assignments as designated by Program Director and/or Senior Program Director of Family Services
• Ability to implement and utilize limit setting techniques and appropriate boundaries
• Extensive knowledge of community resources and how to access such
• Must be able to adapt to circumstances and interact with a diverse clientele
• Excellent communication, conflict resolution and supervision skills
• Ability to work independently and relate to all levels of the organization
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to speak, read and write English
• Work well as part of a team
• Able to maintain files in a neat and organized manner
• Certified in CPR/First Aid or must obtain within 6 months from date of hire
• Valid driver's license
• Must be organized, detail-oriented and a self-starter
• Be able attend all staff meetings and other trainings required for the position
The requirements described here are representative of what must be done to successfully perform the essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job function.
• Regularly required to sit, walk, stand, bend, and stoop to access information and materials in file cabinets shelves and closets
• Must be able to climb three flights of stairs
• Ability to move quickly in the event of an emergency
• Heavy lifting is sometimes required
• Normal range of hearing and vision is required in this position with or without correction
• Must be able to work with background distractions
• Frequently requires use of equipment such as telephone, copiers, computers and fax machine
Lynn Shelter Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.
To apply, please email cover letter and resume.
To learn more about Lynn Shelter Association visit www.lsahome.org
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers