compensation: Competitive Salary and Benefits employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
The Peer Mentor is a trained and supervised youth advocate with lived-experience in the mental health system or child-welfare system who provides outreach, support and advocacy to Teen Living/Parenting Program participants.The Peer Mentor is a fully integrated team member whose primary focus is to assist residents with their transition into, as well as time spent at the Teen Living/Parenting Program. The Peer Mentor will work with all of the residents to become oriented to the program and the community, to engage them in age-appropriate recreational and social activities, to provide guidance and assistance with navigating internal and external issues, and to advocate for and empower residents to communicate effectively with program staff, peers and external collateral.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
20 Hours/Week - Flexible Schedule, including evenings and weekends
COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Must have 'lived' experience ideally, within the MA Child Welfare System
• Be willing and open to discuss own experiences in a professional manner
• Possess basic computer skills and ability to complete program documentation
• Display positive leadership qualities
• Previous volunteer or work experience in Human Services field
• Candidate would be ideally between the ages of 22-29
• Valid/Active Driver's License Required
• Ability to pass CORI/SORI/DCF Background check
• Attend and comprehend Trauma Informed Care and Behavior Management Training as well as attend refresher trainings as scheduled (training provided)
• Required skills include the ability to prioritize tasks, communicate effectively/professionally, flexibility in a changing environment and strong organizational skills
Centerboard offers competitive salary, great benefits, flexible schedules and a fun working environment.
This position is a 20 hour per week position (flexible afternoons/evenings/weekends).
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers