compensation: Annual Salary $38,000 to $ 45,000 based employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Assistant Director of Education
To plan, coordinate and execute a comprehensive college and career preparatory program (Planning for the Future) for high school age students including:
College Prep. (Fall – winter)
• Introductory workshop of the Planning for the Future Program
• Coordinating fall college fair (over 20 colleges and universities usually attend)
• Set up college tours and bring students on these tours
• Nominate and assist students with Posse and Torch (Northeastern University) Scholarship
• Coordinate college application process workshop by bringing in outside presenters.
• Coordinate workshop on saving for college.
• Facilitate goal setting workshop
• Assist youth members with college essays.
• Host a FASFA presentation
• Regularly meet with seniors to make sure they are on track with college application deadlines.
• Host scholarship nights.
Career Prep. (Spring – summer)
• Facilitate Resume Writing Workshop
• Hold Mock interviews
• Discuss proper business attire and dos and don’ts at the workplace
• Develop summer internship sites
• Place qualified youth members in internship sites
• Coordinate as necessary with internship employers
• Assist in planning and preparing for annual graduation party
• Co-manage homework room together with Director of Education
• Help kids with nightly homework assignments
• Assign and monitor homework room volunteers
• Assist Teen Director with coordination of Keystone Club (youth leadership group)
Monday –Friday (12 PM – 8 PM)
Saturdays – Some depending on Keystone programs & special events.
Summers & Vacations
Monday – Friday (8AM – 4PM)
Experience and Qualifications:
• BA degree required
• Experience working with youth
• Knowledge of the college application process and financial aid process
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to develop positive relationships with youth members
• Ability to work cooperatively with other staff
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers