compensation: Competitive pay rate $11.50-$15.00 based on experience, complimentary membership, close to T and parking available. employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Group Leaders -School Age Child Care (Malden YMCA)
The Malden YMCA SACC Program is seeking individuals to be Group Leaders that can work with school aged children in a variety of activities such as homework/tutoring, sports, cooking and crafts. All staff help develop the program curriculum through activity themes, traditional as well as specialty and work to help children achieve their potential.
The Group Leader under the direct supervision of the Site Coordinator and/or Program Administrator is responsible for planning and implementing age appropriate day to day activities/workshops as well as the direct supervision of the children in the School Age Child Care Program.
The program is separated by age and divided into 4 Units. Each unit has a Unit Leader, Group Leaders and Assistant Group Leaders.
The program operates Monday thru Friday afternoons from 1:30pm to 6:00pm. School vacation weeks and summers; 8am to 6pm.
• Completion of Early Education and Childcare (EEC) Training
• Consistently incorporate YMCA core values of caring, honesty, responsibility and respect while supervising youth
• Ability to develop and implement age appropriate activities/workshops including writing lessons/activity plan
• Ability to assist students with home work
• All candidates must meet the state's EEC qualifications including but not limited to Criminal Records Check, fingerprinting and verification of experience and references
• Must learn and adhere to all EEC and YMCA policies and procedures
• CPR and First Aid certified within 60 days
Complete application on-line.
Or send resume and cover letter to:
Caitlin Middaugh, Senior Program Director
99 Dartmouth Street
Malden, MA 02148
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers