compensation: $12-$15 per hour employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Under the supervision of the Aquatics Director, this position is responsible for the early AM shift, guarding the pool, ensuring the safety of all patrons, enforcing pool rules, and implementing the branch EAP as needed. This position is a HUGE relationship builder for those early morning, dedicated Y Lap Swimmers.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES/PRINCIPLE ACTIVITIES:
1. Prevent emergencies by scanning the pool in a continuous and consistent manner.
2. Recognize emergencies or potential incidents and address them immediately
3. Know and activate the branch and pool EAP when needed.
4. Perform assists or rescues as needed
5. Provide care such as, CPR, First Aid, and Emergency Oxygen as needed.
6. Complete incident reports in a timely and effective manner
7. Enforce pool rules. Handle issues as they arise in a professional manner.
8. Ensure a clean and safe pool environment at all times.
9. When off the stand, assist with cleaning and testing of the pool.
10. Maintain a clear and consistent line of communication with all supervisors.
11. Participate in all branch safety and quality drills
12. Attend all required monthly and yearly in-service trainings
13. Arrive 10 minutes prior to start of scheduled shift.
14. Make sure all doors are securely locked when a lifeguard is not on duty. Never leave the pool unattended.
15. All change in hours will be in writing and signed by consenting parties. You are responsible for finding your own coverage.
16. Engage in active listening with members in order to build relationships, understand each individual's goals and interests and take the initiative to assist in the achievement of those goals.
17. Maintain a professional image and manner consistent with the YMCA mission and goals at all times.
18. All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• At least 18 years of age, with Red Cross certification. If certified with another organization, the employee must cross over to Red Cross certification within six months of hire.
• Some previous Lifeguarding experience necessary.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers