compensation: $12 per hour or commensurate with experience employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Our Torigian YMCA in Peabody Massachusetts is looking for some great Group Leaders for the Out-of-School Time program, including supervision of the program to provide children and families high quality care in a safe and inclusive environment.
The group leaders and Site Coordinator ensure curriculum is being implemented and staff are engaged. He/she helps develop programming committed to healthy living, social responsibility, and youth development.
• Develop program educators in designing lesson plans/curriculum to align with STEAM based curriculum
• Supervise group leaders to ensure engaging child: staff interactions and curriculum implementation
• Ensure staff do "name to face" attendance to ensure all children are accounted for at all times
• Maintain open and positive communication and interaction among the programs and partners; engagement of parents/families
• Design curriculum that offers a variety of activities which supports the development of each student in Healthy Living, Social Responsibility, and Youth Development
• Act as a mentor and resource for site staff to maintain a positive program climate.
• Translate EEC state regulations into daily practices
• Ensure the use of positive behavior guidance among program staff
• Lead enrollment, recruitment, and retention of students & families along with Program Administrator
• Promotes and incorporates the YMCA four core values and relevant trainings into all aspects of work, including curriculum, program, and staff and parent/youth interactions
• Work in camp during the summer months adhering to DPH regulations
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Team Leader)
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
1. Bachelor's degree in education or related field or equivalent preferred
2. Minimum age of 20
3. Must meet EEC Qualifications for a site coordinator in regards to experience working with school aged children
4. Ability to relate effectively with diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of
5. Ability to lead, teach, and interact with children, staff, teachers, parents/guardians, and the school community
6. Knowledge of and ability to facilitate Early Education & Care (EEC) regulations
Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to safely supervise children's activities.
ADDITIONAL APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
• An annual physical confirmed by a physician's statement, including documentation of 2 MMR immunizations.
• Clean criminal record check. (Must be able to pass a Background Records Check prior to working directly with children.)
• Verification of education and work experience for Position.
• Completion of the DEEC Online Orientation Course for new educators within first 30 days of hire
• Completion of Redwoods Online Trainings within first 30 days of hire.
• Complete First Aid and CPR certifications within the first 30 days of hire.
• Coordinator qualified by Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) regulations
The YMCA of Metro North is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers