CCI Greenheart, a non-profit student exchange organization, is currently seeking candidates in the greater Boston area (within 2.5 hours of Boston) to coordinate a Group Homestay program in the summer of 2017. Although the group arrives in mid-summer, the host family recruiting and planning starts immediately. On this program, international high school students come to the United States over the summer with the goal of improving their English and learning about American culture. A fundamental responsibility of the coordinator is to recruit and screen suitable volunteer host families.
Details of the group available are below:
Origin of Group: France
Dates: July 8 -- July 28, 2017 (3 weeks)
Size of group: 10 participants + 1 group leader
Responsibilities of the coordinator:
• Recruiting and interviewing volunteer host families all within the same neighborhood: 11 total families required
• Organizing and leading recreational activities and full day excursions
• Coordinating all transportation for participants to and from airport and activities
• Providing ongoing support to students and host families
• Communicating all aspects of the program to the national office
• Ensuring timely submission of host family applications, evaluations, and other relevant paperwork in accordance with contractual deadlines
In order to recruit host families, coordinators must be willing and able to spend a considerable amount of time promoting the program to the local community in the months before students arrive. Coordinators must feel comfortable approaching schools, religious institutions, organizations, and individuals in order to identify suitable hosts.
The ideal candidate is highly organized, resourceful, connected to their community (have lived in the same community at least 3 years), able to manage a budget, and experienced in working with students from other countries. This can be a great experience for teachers with summers or other fixed periods of time off. Please note that this is a contract position, not an opportunity for full time work.
Coordinator can expect to earn about $2000 - $3000, plus bonus potential