Position: Community Coordinator
Reports To: Senior Community Coordinator
Hours: Full Time, M-F 8-4:30 (Non-Exempt)
Triangle's Career Services Department has an immediate opening for a Community Coordinator. The qualified candidate will participate with the individual and other significant persons in planning, coordinating and developing individual service, educational and vocational objectives and goals for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Provide supervision and support to participants between the hours of 9 am - 3 pm
- Participate in the planning and implementation of community based groups
- Facilitate in-house and community activities keeping participants active and engaged
- Educate participants during teachable moments in areas of socialization, community membership, daily living, etc.
- Know emergency procedures and basic emergency facts regarding all participants
- Build community connections and career opportunities
- Work in collaboration with the case manager to provide goal oriented services
- Responsible for the general overall cleanness of work area and common areas at Triangle or work/community site
- Provide supervision of transportation, break, lunch and community as assigned.
- Provide training in community skills, social, safety, travel skills, work, independence, community connections, self-determination and others that develop an overall independence and connection to community
- Keep accurate data collection
- Demonstrate willingness to learn new skills and techniques to improve services to the individuals.
- Communicate effectively with program staff and individuals associated with consumer services, in a collaborative team effort.
- Ensure safety and provide comprehensive assistance to participants including integrating adults into the community & participating with individuals during internal and community based activities/groups.
- Develop strong relationships with community partners. Be a liaison between community partners and Triangle.
- Record weekly progress notes
- Participate in staffing meetings with school partners and colleagues
- Provide job coaching as needed (can include: days, nights, weekends and holidays)
- Conduct vocational assessments, baseline and periodic skill development assessments, and other assessments according to protocol
- Attend all required training's offered by Triangle
- Lead or co-facilitate groups including but not limited to work off-sites
- Operate 12 passenger van
- Assist and attend to personal care needs of the individuals, including hygiene, bathroom assistance, medical and clothing
- Provide coaching to participants during community volunteering
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Some college in related coursework and/or one to three years relateable experience preferred
- Massachusetts driver's license and clean driving record
- State and Federal Background Check
Triangle offers a generous benefits package including Health/Dental through Blue Cross Blue shield of Massachusetts, Employer paid Life and Long Term Disability, 12 Paid Holidays, Generous Vacation/Sick Time, Flexible Spending Account and Transit/Parking Accounts for commuters. Please inquire with Human Resources for more information.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities