compensation: Competitive Pay with Health Plan, Dental & Tuition Reimbursement, Flexible Spending, Retirement. employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Kids' Corner is currently seeking exceptional candidates to fill vacant part-time after school teaching positions in all our classrooms.
We are a parent sponsored non-profit organization serving the Winchester, MA community since 1982. The program provides quality enrichment-based after school care for elementary-aged children from September through June and full day programming during the summer months.
1. Supervise and engage the students during outdoor free play, snack time, meeting, and projects.
2. Plan and implement project curriculum utilizing your experience in the field(s) of athletics, visual arts, technology, music, drama, cooking, etc.
3. Work as a team to ensure that the program is running smoothly and meeting expectations.
4. Maintain a classroom environment that is safe and promotes personal growth.
5. Communicate openly with parents about positive and negative experiences.
6. Attend monthly staff meetings and all trainings provided by the program.
7. Follow all program policies and procedures.
8. Maintain working knowledge of emergency procedures and EEC regulations.
9. Accept and perform other duties as assigned.
1. Applicants must be able to work Monday through Friday from approximately 2:00pm to 5:45pm and on early release days from approximately 11:00am to 5:45pm with advanced notice.
2. Applicants must possess the capability to promote the social, emotional, cognitive and physical skills of each student.
3. Applicants must have a basic understanding of child development and utilize behavior management techniques that are developmentally appropriate.
4. Applicants must be able to work and communicate clearly and effectively as part of a teaching team both verbally and in writing.
Candidates must have a passion for working with children and possess a personality that is youthful, energetic and engaging. An Associate/Bachelor Degree or higher in education or a related field (e.g. art, music, psychology) preferred but not required. Experience in child care/after school programs/summer camps a plus.
Competitive Salary including Guaranteed Bonuses (Twice a Year)
Paid Sick, Flex/Vacation and Holiday Pay
Dental and Tuition Reimbursement
Retirement Plan with 3% Matching (after 3 months of employment)
Flexible Spending Account (available during annual renewal each January)
Sounds too good to be true but its not!!! Email your resume and cover letter to the attached link or mail to:
Winchester After School Program, Inc.
d.b.a. Kids' Corner
Attn: Andrew Gentzow, Executive Director
P.O Box 773
Winchester, MA 01890
Kids' Corner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran's status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Kids' Corner is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers