compensation: commensurate upon experience employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We are looking for a punctual, reliable, self-motivated person for our Legal Assistant position. The ideal candidate is an attentive, highly competent individual with a professional demeanor and a keen eye for detail. A car is necessary for this position, as travel to various courthouses is occasionally needed.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to take direction and work independently with little or no supervision
- Ability to prioritize workload and maintain efficiency under pressure
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as a strong work-ethic
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Word
- Prior experience in customer service
- While prior experience in the legal field is preferred, it is not required if the candidate has a passionate desire to learn & the ability to do so quickly
- Complete basic administrative duties including but not limited to creating and maintaining legal files, making copies, answering and directing phone calls, making phone calls, scheduling appointments, maintaining a detailed calendar, and greeting clients
- Converse directly with lawyers, clerical personnel, courtroom staff members, clients, and expert witnesses
- Locate and develop case-relevant information & perform some mild research duties
- Type basic legal documents and correspondence
- Manage legal documentation and correspondence in strict confidence
- Implement and improve upon administrative processes for more efficient workflow
- Complete all tasks requested in a timely manner
This is a part-time position (~20 hours/week), morning hours.
Applicants please apply by email only, with resume attached.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers