Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe environment for residents and staff by performing cleaning duties assigned to apartments, interior and exterior common areas and amenities in an assisted living community in the Boston area.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
The following essential functions are the fundamental job duties of the position to be completed with or without appropriate reasonable accommodation.
• Cleans public areas and resident's apartments, including bathrooms, kitchens, patios & windows, floors, furniture and common areas.
• Performs all housekeeping duties including:
• Distributing laundered articles and linens.
• Changing beds.
• Cleaning public restrooms and replenishing supplies as needed
• Sweeping, scrubbing, waxing, and polishing floors; cleaning rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies.
• Dusting furniture and equipment.
• Polishing metalwork.
• Washing walls, woodwork, windows, door panels, and sills.
• Performs all laundry duties including:
• Maintains resident laundry areas including mopping floors and washing walls regularly.
• Washes windows at reasonable heights through out the community as requested.
• Keeps utility and storage rooms in clean and orderly condition.
• Disinfects and sterilizes equipment and supplies.
• Stocks cleaning cart with supplies.
• Empties wastebaskets, and transports trash and waste to disposal area.
• Ensures with maintenance that trash and dumpster areas are clean.
• Reports resident issues or changes in health or living status promptly.
• Reports potentially unsafe conditions or maintenance related issues promptly to Supervisor
• May perform other duties as assigned.
• Completes maintenance work orders for any maintenance repairs needed.
• A continuous and consistent demonstrated interest in and knowledge about the elderly and their needs.
• The competency to meet those needs on a consistent basis.
• An interest in and willingness to learn.
• A demonstrated initiative in developing skills in caring for the elderly consistent with the philosophy and policies of the community.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must be able to routinely follow written and verbal instructions
• Must be able to stand, walk, stoop, bend for periods of up to eight hours with breaks as provided for in the employee handbook.
• Must be able to easily lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Must know how to use common house cleaning devises, brooms, mops, floor waxers and polishers.
• Must have six (6) months' work experience in this field.
If you are interested in applying or know someone to refer for the position please fax or e-mail resume to Brendan McNelis at 781-853-0707 or Bmcnelis@hallkeen.com
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers