Job Description: Service and Installation Technician
Grand Banks Building Products, located in Gloucester, MA is currently looking to hire a
full-time team member as a Service and Installation Technician. The right applicant should
be detail oriented with an outgoing personality and be able to maneuver heavy products and
equipment. In this role, you will be responsible for working with the sales and installation
team to service and install products such as windows, doors, and cabinetry that have been
purchased through Grand Banks.
Grand Banks has been serving our local community for over 35 years and is a family owned,
family run business who values their employees. We specialize in providing high end finished
building products including cabinetry, windows, doors, millwork, hardware and more. As an
add on service we offer our clients both installation and product service on the items we
supply. Our goal is to provide our customers with the best solutions for all their building
- Health insurance - Paid time off - Retirement contribution - A beautiful workplace right on
the water - Family Leave - Workers Compensation - Compensation commensurate with
○ Independently or collectively install or service products we sell, primarily to our professional customers. At times doing installations for homeowners.
○ Direct any questions from our customers to the Installation Manager and to the Lead Installer on the job
○ Making pre-installation/service site visits to ensure openings are ready when needed.
○ Making sure installations or services are performed per specific manufacturer best practices.
○ Communicate change order to management
○ Keep inventory of stock needed to complete basic service functions
○ Help develop and execute service plans that we can sell to our customers
○ Work with service and installation manager to troubleshoot any challenges that arise while on the job
○ Operate machinery if needed
○ Order parts for department stock and current jobs
○ Updating project management software to provide team with live updates and progress of jobs
○ Stay up to date on any necessary documentation needed to operate machinery or vehicles
Who You Are :
● Prior experience in the construction industry is preferred
● Exceptional customer service skills via email and phone communication
● Highly motivated, organized, and a self starter
● Pleasant and confident demeanor when dealing with colleagues and clients
● Proficient with Google Suites
● Adaptable, Flexible, and quick thinking
● You have a strong attention to details
● Driver's license and reliable transportation
● The ability to travel to job sites throughout New England
Equal Employment Opportunity
Grand Banks is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment
opportunity. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, not on race,
color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, age, criminal record
(inquiries only), handicap (disability), mental illness, retaliation, sexual harassment, sexual
orientation, genetics, veteran or active military status or any other factor protected by
Massachusetts, Federal or Local laws. This policy applies to all terms, conditions and
privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion,
discipline and termination. All matters relating to employment are based upon ability to
perform the job, as well as dependability and reliability once hired.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.