favorite this postRegistered Nurse - Head Start Program (Lynn)hide this posting
compensation: $27.00 per hour plus a generous benefits package! employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Lynn Economic Opportunity, Inc. is seeking a licensed RN to act in a dual role as a Health Care Consultant and Health/Nutrition Advocate for our early childhood programs. You will use your expertise to review and make changes to our current Health Care Policy, and provide/ arrange health, nutrition, First Aid, and CPR training to our teaching staff and parents of children in the program. You will also oversee a caseload of Head Start children to ensure they receive all the health, dental, and nutrition services they need, perform health screens, and perform 2-week postpartum wellness visits in the homes of pregnant moms in our Early Head Start program.
RN PRIMARY FUNCTION:
Provide a safe and health environment for the children in our Head Start and Early Head Start program. Work to assure that all children in Head Start and Early Head Start are linked to medical and dental services and are up-to-date on all examinations, treatment and follow-up. Responsible for health screening, data entry and other functions in support of the goals of Health Services and Nutrition.
RN KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
* Propose, review, make changes and approve the Health Care Policy
* Review and approve the first aid training for our childcare staff
* Oversees an assigned caseload of Head Start children to ensure that they receive all necessary
health/dental/nutrition services and that all documentation is in place.
* Recruit, manage attend and approve notes of the Health Services Advisory Board
* Use multidisciplinary team approach to develop and provide health and nutrition services to children, families
* Design and deliver training to staff, parents and community organizations to include best practices in the health and nutrition field as well as community collaboration opportunities and services in Head Start and Early Head Start.
* Conduct visits at all Head Start and Early Head Start locations to promote problem solving and support to staff.
* Accompany home visitor to home visits for high risk pregnant women, medically fragile children and 2-week
visit for Head Start and EHS.
* Assess, identify (includes individual child assessments,) document, plan and evaluate all health and nutrition-
related services to ensure best possible health/nutrition outcomes for children and families including the agencies
* Respond to identified health and nutrition needs within the organization and provide expertise and support in
* Provide information, referral, and coordinating efforts to link staff and families to appropriate community
* Provide guidance to managers and be active in the safety committee regarding the assessment and follow-up of
safety concerns and hazards.
*In collaboration with managers and other consultants, develop and maintain policies and procedures in specialty
*Establish and maintain relationships and collaboration with the medical and dental communities and other
community agencies and partners.
*Enhance personal and professional growth
RN Skills / Knowledge Required:
*Current RN License
*A minimum of an Associates degree in Nursing, or related field.
*Ability to make necessary home visits and to access various community resources.
*Good clerical and organizational and computer skills
*Must be, or be willing to become certified as a First Aid and CPR Instructor.
*Must be, or be willing to become trained to administer health screens (blood pressure, hearing, vision screens, heights and weights).
*Must be willing and able to work flexible hours in order to meet program commitments which may of necessity take place during hours outside of the usual work day.
*Must be occasionally able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
*Must meet other qualifications as may be outlined in the Head Start Performance Standards.
REGISTERED NURSE SCHEDULE, PAY AND BENEFITS
The schedule for this position is 8:30am-3:30pm Monday-Friday/ 35 hours per week.
We are committed to our employees and provide an enviable benefits package including health insurance for as little as $27.00/week, dental insurance for as little at $4.00/week, life insurance, a 403b plan with a generous agency match, paid-time-off and Tuition Assistance when funds are available. We are a non-profit agency.Please submit a resume and cover sheet.
Pay rate for this position is $27.00 per hour.
We are a non-profit agency.
Please submit a resume and cover sheet.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers