compensation: Salary commensurate with experience employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
This is a position under the supervision of the Link House management. The Program Director will spend forty hours per week in work related to the maintenance, operations, and monitoring of residents at The Maris Center and any other duties required by Link House, Inc.
1. Oversee the activities and "free time" of residents of The Maris Center. Monitor and Enforce
Compliance of house rules including visiting and receiving packages protocol.
2. Collect, record, and submit rents with receipts weekly to The Accounting Office.
Acquire one month of income verification (pay stubs) or letters from persons verifying rent payment over the first four weeks of residency. Each new employment requires the first four weeks of pay stubs.
3. Assign and monitor required chore duties for all residents, collaborate with Case Manager to
Institute sanctions for residence not in compliance.
4. Obtain cleaning and office supplies from approved vendors. Office supplies are ordered
through front desk secretary.
5. Read and record daily log entries, refrain from recording personal beliefs and rumors.
Keep residents census and submit form weekly to Executive Director, Corporate Office, and Supportive Housing Coordinator. Remember all information is confidential.
6. Report any safety and repairs concerns regarding the building or grounds including The WIT
Program to Supportive Housing Coordinator.
7. Develop positive supportive relationships with the residents.
8. Assist in Telephone intakes and interviews.
9. Inform Case Manager of any pertinent information regarding the residents.
10. Address resident behavior and impose sanctions when appropriate.
11. Meet with professional Clinical Supervisor weekly to discuss difficult clinical issues.
12. Initiate interaction with Parole, Probation, and Bracelet Program, in a collaborative
effort between our program and Criminal Justice agencies.
13. Schedule and oversee building inspections and fire drills as needed. Keep log of inspections
14. Collaborate with Case Manager when ordering Urine screening supplies, and scheduling
15. Facilitate bi-weekly house meetings concerning Resident's issues and suggestions for
16. Supervise residents packing belongings during evictions and discharges. Label all bags
(name and date).
17. Assist with fund raising also help in procuring and accepting donations. Supervise storing,
dispensing, and removing items when appropriate.
18. Establish outreach referral base with personal contact presentation and phone calls.
19. Meet daily at shift change with support staff to provide updates on current resident issues.
20. Assist with training of new support staff.
21. Will be available to Link House Inc. for any and all duties deemed appropriate and
necessary by the management.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
Formal education, training and/or life experience in human services. A working knowledge of addiction and recovery issues preferably in a Half Way House or Treatment Center setting.
High school diploma or equivalent with Continuing Education or volunteer work in Human Services. Qualifying criteria may be waived in whole or part where deemed appropriate.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers