compensation: Compensation commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Instrument Technician 40hrs Days - Peabody or Burlington
DAYS/ Monday - Friday 11:00 am to 7:30 pm
Under the direct supervision of the department Supervisor, determines the proper method of sterilization according to established guidelines, and sterilizes all instruments and related equipment. Receives soiled case carts and processes contents in accordance with established standards. Assembles instruments according to count sheet.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Determines proper method of sterilization according to established guidelines, and sterilizes all instruments and related equipment. Logs/documents all items sterilized. Ensures that all biologicals, integrators, and Bowie Dick Tests are run and read in accordance with established guidelines.
2) Receives soiled case carts and processes contents in accordance with established standards. Properly disposes of trash and linen. Sorts instruments for proper mechanical and/or hand washing, meeting established time frame. Visually inspects instruments for signs of wear and damage, and replaces as necessary. Decontaminates instruments and equipment ensuring that the proper technique is used.
3) Assembles instruments according to count sheet. Ensures that missing instruments are marked on the exterior label of the set. Picks and sends all scheduled and/or unscheduled cases, meeting departmental guidelines. Documents missing items on the appropriate documentation (Case Cart Cover Sheet).
4) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles, Mission Statement, and Goals into daily activities.
5) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
6) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
7) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
8) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
9) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
10) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
11) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
12) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Basic computer skills, medical terminology, manual dexterity, ability to read and follow instructions, fully trained in instrumentation, sterilization and decontamination techniques. In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: 1-2 years related experience.
Please apply online at:
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers