Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Centerboard is rapidly growing and we're looking for someone to grow with us. We are seeking a Marketing & Communications Coordinator who is smart, energetic, self-starter, who is passionate about Centerboard's human service mission, to join our team in downtown Lynn. This is an important, position at Centerboard and comes with a significant level of responsibility.
As a member of our three-person Development office, the fulltime (40 hours/week) Marketing & Communications Coordinator will be responsible for all of Centerboard's Development communications. You will be the voice, and often the face of Centerboard. You will report directly to the Director of Development and proactively make recommendations to upgrade existing strategies, and research and implement a host of others, all while keeping abreast of the newest trends effective for the marketing of nonprofit organizations that are compliant with industry-wide accepted rules and regulations.
As Marketing & Communications Coordinator, you will be creating and executing strategies to build and engage with Centerboard's existing and potential community on our website, on social media, in print, emails, newsletters, annual reports, video, in person, advertising, and in the press. It also means developing a comprehensive marketing and communications plan, replete with strategies to measure and analyze these efforts to ensure continued growth and engagement.
You will keep current with Centerboard departments and learn about new and ongoing initiatives so you can communicate our efforts and successes to stakeholders as well as the general public.
We expect all the usual things like being organized, analytical, detail-oriented, professional and an engaging writer, but what we're seeking in addition is someone:
- Creating great experiences
- Telling stories (written, visual, in person, and however else)
- Playing with others
- Leading initiatives
- Staying positive even when it's difficult
- Taking the ball and running
- Crushing problems with creative workarounds
- Responding to emails with superhero speed
- Doing whatever it takes to accomplish goals
What a typical day(s) may look like:
• Draft a blog post about our Family Forward Resource Center
• Lead a Twitter chat about homelessness in Greater Lynn
• Strategize and implement a new communications piece to bolster an upcoming Development appeal or event
• Meet with a city councilor to plan a public forum
• Take a call from an "upset" potential supporter and turn it around
• Work with our web designer to make structural and content changes to our website
• Produce, post and boost pithy Facebook posts
• Troubleshoot a failed email blast
• Promote our on-site art gallery and featured artists
• Plan and staff a tabling opportunity(ies) at high attendance public events in adjacent cities to Lynn
• Compose and design a compelling monthly e-appeal
• Produce engaging, heart-warming video experiences in partnership with our videographer to capture the struggles and successes experienced by our client families
• Brainstorm creative ways to thank our donors that costs next-to-nothing
• Interview one of our Family Advocates for use as a profile piece in our next newsletter, or as a Facebook Live post
• Publicize and promote an upcoming yearly "signature" event
• Do something to delight our interns and volunteers
- Sharing (stories, your time, your skills, your enthusiasm, your dog, etc.)
- Nonprofit, mission driven organizational culture
- Engaging everyone
- Inbound marketing
- Learning new things
- To laugh!
To Apply: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org your best cover letter telling us why you believe you are a top-notch candidate for this important position, along with your resume and writing samples. Additionally, provide us with a first 30, 60 and 90 day plan of activity and accomplishments if you were the one chosen for this exciting position. Good Luck!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers