compensation: Pay rate will range based on experience. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Melanie Casey is an exciting young fine jewelry company based in North Andover, Ma. Our line is handmade by our talented team of fine jewelers and sold online through www.melaniecasey.com. We are growing rapidly and we need your help to keep up! We are calling for a full-time Inventory Assistant to join our team of creatives in this unique and exciting entrepreneurial environment.
Our Inventory Assistant will be trained to become a master of the jewelry manufacturing process as part of the Operations team. This role will oversee the ordering of diamonds and gold, manage shipments between our vendors and jewelers who work from home, schedule and track restocks of popular styles, and keep our inventory counts up to date on our website.
Simply put, your job will be to keep our product line and raw materials stocked, organized, in line, and in check! The successful candidate will assist the Operations and Shipping teams as well as support general office needs.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Maintain Google Sheets (or Excel) documents for tracking purposes
• Communicate clearly and effectively to all internal departments
• Oversee restocking of our most popular inventory from ordering materials, pushing the designs through production, and adding them into final inventory
• Support in keeping our product line and raw materials stocked and organized
• Backup support for shipping department
• Organize, label, and file loose gemstones and diamonds
• Clean and prepare the showroom before and after appointments
• Sign for, open, and process client returns and repair requests
• Help where needed for things like taking out the trash, running the dishwasher and watering the plants
This is a varied role that changes daily within a lively and energetic environment. To be a great candidate, you must demonstrate the following qualifications:
• Experience using Gmail, Google Docs, and Google Sheets or Excel
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Resourceful self-starter capable of working independently and in team settings
• Ability to establish priorities, meet deadlines and handle multiple competing tasks and demands
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Tech savvy with the ability to work in multiple databases at the same time
• A willingness to help wherever needed; no job is too big or too small
• A desire to contribute ideas and suggest best practices
• An interest in fine jewelry and e-commerce
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter with the following:
• First, introduce yourself!
• Why, specifically, are you applying for this position?
• What skills and abilities do you have that will be uniquely suited to this position?
• What does it mean, to you, to be organized?
• Lastly, please submit a bulleted list of the top three items from this job description that you believe you will excel at most.
Based in our North Andover, Mass. manufacturing studio, this full-time position is 40 hours per week Monday through Friday with rare Saturday overtime available. Pay rate will range based on experience.
A cover letter and updated resume are required to be considered for this position. Applications without a cover letter and resume will not be considered.
Find out more about Melanie Casey online at www.melaniecasey.com. Find us on Instagram at @melaniecaseyjewelry and see our jewelers work at @makersofmelaniecasey.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers