compensation: Depending on Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
An excellent opportunity exists for an ambitious, detailed oriented, hands-on Controller. Our client is a defense technology company specializing in the development, manufacturing and sale of next generation non-lethal devices and ammunition. They are based in Wakefield and looking for the right individual to fit this key role. This is a senior position in a small growing publicly traded company. You will report directly and interact with senior management of the company and be responsible for all aspects of finance and accounting. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to be a part of a dynamic and unique company.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
• Maintains and balances accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
• Timely preparation of monthly trial balance and financial statements.
• Development and maintenance of annual budget, expenditure and analytics.
• Coordinate the year-end financial statement audit and corporate governance.
• Hire and develop accounting staff as company continues its growth strategy.
• Development, analysis, and interpretation of statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the company.
• Other special projects as required.
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance or combination of education and relevant experience required.
• Experience within a multi-company manufacturing environment.
• Independent, self-starter with the ability to roll up sleeves and get into the details.
• Strong track record of ability to prioritize and meet timelines to ensure all stakeholders have the necessary information and tools to meet company goals and objectives.
• Minimum 7 years experience required. CPA preferred but not required.
• Strong working knowledge of Excel and Quickbooks.
• Demonstrated proficiency in US GAAP rules; strong technical and analytical accounting skills.
• Public company experience preferred but not required.
Please submit in confidence a resume with cover letter and salary requirements. Resumes without salary requirements will not be considered. Position will offer competitive base salary plus stock options.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers