The Buyer/Planner II will be responsible for securing materials and equipment necessary to produce Conformis products to meet the Company's Sales & Operations Plans and Quality Objectives. Responsible for planning, expediting, scheduling, and the organizing of all activities pertaining to the logistical support of customer orders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain strong, internal working relationships across Conformis.
• Understand the objectives, responsibilities, and mission of the Operations department and works towards those goals.
• Prioritize and plan work activities; adapt for changing conditions.
o Expedite, follow-up and manage purchase orders placed with suppliers.
o Arrange for Return Material Authorizations (RMA's).
o Coordinate with distributors and manufacturers on placing and delivery of orders.
o Resolve issues surrounding purchases (delivery schedule, receiving, invoicing).
o Revise and maintain purchasing procedures and associated forms.
• Inventory management:
o Develops and executes material planning for a product line. Ensures that all material requirements for product line is satisfied within the allocated time frame.
o Manage component and finished goods inventories, both within the plant and as consigned to suppliers.
o Assume responsibility for managing inventory to assure high levels of product availability and inventory accuracy, and balance same with prudent inventory turns performance.
• Work with receiving for storage of materials and supplies; seek ways to improve procedures in a manner that reduces potential errors and costs.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree.
• APICS certification desired.
• 2-5 years of demonstrated success in purchasing and planning capacities, preferably in a medical device or other regulated environment.
• Experience with ERP/MRP systems. Oracle experience required.
• Experience in lean manufacturing environments a plus.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies Required:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills. Excel experience desired.
• Ability to effectively coordinate multiple tasks, changing priorities, interruptions and frequently conflicting demands.
• Knowledge of lean principles and problem solving techniques.
• Must be able to work in a team environment.
• Execute responsibilities with minimal direct supervision.
• High attention to detail.
Conformis is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers