Assistant Property Manager for Section 8/Affordable Housing:
We are seeking to fill the position of an Assistant Property Manager with Section 8/Affordable Housing experience at well-maintained elderly housing community on the North Shore.
ASSISTANT PROPERTY MANAGER - JOB DESCRIPTION
I. BASIC FUNCTION
A. Responsible for assisting the Property Manager in maintaining the
physical asset and maximizing the financial returns from that asset in accordance with the owner's objectives.
B. Responsible for assisting in supervising and developing all on-site personnel.
C. Assists Property Manager and Supervisors with special projects and administrative tasks.
D. Ensures staff compliance with company policies and procedures.
E. Ensures staff performance of duties on a timely basis.
A. Reports to Property Manager.
B. Supervises all on-site personnel, including staff supervisors and any contract workers.
C. Maintains relationships with all residents, ensuring consistent application of property policies.
D. Maintains relationships with other departments within the company, including accounting, data processing, and acquisitions.
E. Maintains relationships with clients, the community, and the profession.
F. Maintains relationships with suppliers, vendors, and professionals servicing the company or property.
The activities listed below are not all inclusive. However, they are indicative of the type of activities normally performed by the resident assistant property manager.
A. Maintaining the physical asset:
1. Assists in supervision of maintenance staff, including maintenance supervisor and any contract workers;
2. Assists in supervising scheduling of maintenance work;
3. Maintains rotating schedule of personnel for emergency maintenance;
4. Makes regular follow-up inspections on maintenance work;
5. Makes regular inspections of grounds, including all common hallways;
6. Supervises all vacant apartment make-ready procedures;
7. Make recommendations for physical repairs, replacements, and/or improvements;
8. Makes recommendations for supplies, materials, and equipment;
9. Recommends expenditures, within budget allocations;
10. Evaluates maintenance operations periodically to determine cost efficiency.
B. Marketing and Leasing:
1. Assists in supervising leasing staff;
2. Assists in preparation of advertising and marketing programs;
3. Assists in preparation of regular market surveys;
4. Assists in preparation of weekly and monthly reports;
5. Reviews all rental applications and lease forms for accuracy and
compliance with resident policy;
6. Makes recommendations to improve marketing and leasing programs.
1. Assists in supervision of bookkeeper or accounting staff;
2. Assists in preparation of the budget;
3. Assists in reporting variances from budget;
4. Assists in preparation of monthly financial accounting, reporting, and explanation of variances;
5. Prepares purchase orders;
6. Processes invoices for payment;
7. Reports payroll information to property manager on timely basis;
8. Assists in preparing inventory of all equipment and supplies;
9. Makes daily bank deposits.
1. Supervises office administrative staff;
2. Assists in preparation of management plan;
3. Updates property operations manual, when necessary;
4. Supervises maintenance of property files and records.
This is a Full-Time position that will offer health, dental, FSA, Paid Time Off (PTO), 401k.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to be considered for the position.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers