compensation: Based on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Yankee Leisure Group offers a wide portfolio of travel experiences to the most sought-after destinations throughout the world. Our mission is to deliver outstanding service, amazing value and unmatched travel experiences for all of our guests. Today, we operate three travel brands: Yankee Holidays, Amtrak Vacations, and Railbookers. We are proud to be the largest independent rail vacation provider to the US, Canada and Europe.
The Accounts Payable Specialist fulfills an integral transactional and reporting function in the Accounting and Finance department. This role will focus on a busy Accounts Payable desk along with managing important vendor relationships, but will have some exposure to Accounts Receivable, monthly account reconciliations, and other duties as needed.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Reviewing and verifying accuracy of invoices and check requests; Entering and posting payables transactions into accounting system; Investigating issues related to cash disbursements; Preparing and performing check runs; reconciling Accounts Payable transactions to GL balance; Researching and resolving invoice discrepancies.
• Prepares monthly invoices to customers in accordance with contract terms. Performs regular follow-up to ensure payments are received.
• Assisting with month end close by preparing account reconciliations and account analysis based on accounts payable activity.
• Maintains historical records by filing documents.
• Performs other duties as required. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of A/P experience in a medium to large services organization.
• BS/BA in Accounting is a plus but not required.
• Working knowledge of MS Excel and Access with ability to learn additional functions.
• Must have strong numerical aptitude; good verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills; Strong observation and analytical skills with creativity; Good organization skills with an attention to detail;
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers