compensation: Based on experience employment type: contract
QR Code Link to This Post
Immediate long term contract opening for an Accounting Assistant with a medical device company in Danvers.
SUMMARY: Responsible for supporting the A/P & A/R functions of the Finance Department including invoicing, processing payments, asset registration, journal entries, and account reconciliations in accordance with GAAP as well as provide administrative support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
· Accounts Payable
o Prepare and code AP invoices for entry
o Data entry of AP invoices into system
o Check invoice entry edits and prepare to post invoices
o Assist with AP check runs
o File and maintain orderly files on AP Records
o Reconcile AP statements
o Contact AP vendors for back-up and missing records
· Asset registration
o Assign tag numbers to fixed assets
o Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system
· Prepare and post journal entries
· Prepare and analyze account reconciliations
· Assist Accounting Staff with administrative tasks
· Ad Hoc analyses as needed
· Special projects as required
· Meet accuracy and productivity goals
· Attend/complete all required trainings
· Manage time effectively; prioritize and make good business judgments and decisions in relationship to efficiency, effectiveness
Required to wear dosimeter when in direct contact with radiation emitting devices
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & experience
· Bachelor's in Finance, Accounting and/or Business discipline preferred
· 1-2 years of experience of in Accounting, preferably in an R&D/Engineering/Medical Device environment
Knowledge and understanding of GAAP
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers