Do you want to do work that has a positive impact on the community? Are you interested in learning about and working in a dynamic non-profit organization? Are you excited to join and support a hardworking, fun, and creative staff? We want you on our team! Agassiz Baldwin Community is seeking applicants for the position of Executive Assistant and Development Coordinator.
Mission: Agassiz Baldwin Community (ABC) is a place that nurtures individual growth and creativity, builds connections, and serves as a forum for community advocacy.
We believe in:
• Welcoming and including everyone
• Lifelong learning
• Fostering a culture of creativity and cooperation
ABC provides a variety of programs and services for all ages including children's programs, visual arts programs, a network of older adults, a gallery, and neighborhood council.
The Executive Assistant & Development Coordinator will work closely with the Executive Director to create and coordinate an overall strategy for development, and provide assistance on a variety of agency-wide projects based on priorities of the Executive Director. This is an excellent position for a recent graduate or someone who is looking to move into non-profit work. The ideal candidate is someone who is interested in learning about all aspects of non-profit management and leadership, and is considering leadership in the future. Previous experience is helpful, but more important is a willingness to learn, excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to work hard and use creativity to solve problems, and the capacity to manage multiple priorities. For those new to this field, this would be an opportunity to gain many new skills, and work alongside an Executive Director and a very experienced fundraising consultant. Training would be provided as needed.
• Research and write grant applications and proposals
• Develop and follow overall calendar and timelines for annual appeals, fundraising events, and major solicitations
• Plan and execute cultivation and fundraising events in collaboration with staff
• Develop and manage a strategy to increase and sustain annual giving
• Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors, and assist in raising major gifts
• Draft [and mail] acknowledgement letters promptly [and accurately]
• Track and implement development goals through cultivation and solicitation of individual donors, foundations, government agencies and local businesses
• Coordinate design, printing, and distribution of marketing and communication materials for development efforts
• Manage and update donor database in eTapestry
• Meet regularly as part of a staff team to coordinate agency fundraising
• Collect data and research information to measure programmatic and funding impact
Assistance to Executive Director
• Assist Executive Director to complete a variety of projects and tasks related to non-profit management based on top priorities and needs of organization, including facilities, staff management/HR, development, events, general administration, finance, strategic planning, meeting preparation, volunteer engagement, data analysis, collaborations, and other initiatives.
• Communicate priorities of Executive Director to other staff members and coordinate projects that involve staff collaboration
• Assist with coordination, note-taking, and follow-up for staff meetings
• Assist with agency events
• Schedule meetings, events, etc. for Executive Director and manage calendar
• In collaboration with Executive Director, create and monitor annual calendar of events, projects, goals, and activities
Knowledge and Skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Highly organized and detail oriented but able to think big-picture
• Experience or familiarity with broad range of development work a plus
• Problem solving abilities
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
• Computer and database skills and the ability to learn new technologies
• Bachelors degree
• Experience or interest in nonprofit work
• Affinity for community building, education, and the arts
Salary Range: Starting salary of $40,000, negotiable with experience
Schedule: Full time, Monday-Friday, hours flexible, some scheduled off-site work permitted, occasional evening and weekend hours for special events and meetings
• Health insurance plan
• FREE dental and vision insurance plans
• Paid sick, vacation, and holidays
• Opportunity to contribute to a retirement account, with employer matching contributions up to 7% after first year of employment.
• Opportunities for professional development
Location: 20 Sacramento Street, Cambridge. 10 minute walk from Porter Square T Station
Our staff join us from all walks of life yet have a common interest in work that is professional, community-oriented, and makes an impact. We are an inclusive community and all are encouraged to apply. We believe our diversity is our strength and we value the unique perspectives and contributions that people of all backgrounds and life experiences can bring to our team. Therefore, we actively recruit people of all races, ethnicities, gender identities, sexual orientations, ages, abilities, and those who do not speak English as their first language.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Employment is dependent on completing a background and fingerprint check. Agassiz Baldwin Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume as a single document and use "Executive Assistant & Development Coordinator" as the subject line. Employment is dependent on completing a background and fingerprint check. No phone calls please.
Application Deadline: June 15th, but applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so apply early.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers