Are you an experienced writer with a background in literary analysis? A current/former teacher of English literature? Or an advanced degree holder in a literature-related field? This is the perfect freelance writing opportunity for you.
SuperSummary.com is a provider of academic study guides that help students understand and analyze the books that they are reading in class. In the past, we have focused on creating full-length study guides (20+ pages), with detailed chapter-by-chapter summary and analysis. Now, we are looking to expand our offerings by hiring talented writers to create a series of shorter book summaries.
• Book summaries have a length of approximately 800-1,000 words.
• Summaries typically cover major plot points, important historical context, and any high-level analysis that will help readers understand the book. An example summary appears here: http://www.supersummary.com/a-walk-in-the-woods/summary/.
• Summaries are based on readily available source material; you don't need to read the whole book.
• We offer competitive compensation and typically expect our writers to be able to complete two to five summaries per week.
• Education: BA/BS in English, English Literature, Comparative Literature, Creative Writing, or a related field; Masters or PhD considered favorably.
• Teaching experience in English/English literature is a huge plus (although not required).
• Extensive previous experience with literary analysis and academic writing/editing is a must.
Ultimately, we are looking for writers who are interested in a long-term relationship with us that would involve working on several book summaries each month, with the potential to take on larger content projects (such as full-length study guides) in the future. If this project sounds like a good match for your skills and interests, we hope to hear from you soon.
Please complete and submit the application form here
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities