Data Center Technician will be responsible for:
QR Code Link to This Post
• Installation of new server racks
• Racking and stacking servers and other network hardware within a data center environment
• Installing support hardware for all devices to be installed into cabinets on raised floor
• Labeling all devices and cables per client standards
• Understanding and ensure data center redundancy requirements
• Installing new patch cabling and cable management compliance
• Decommissioning of redundant equipment and cabling
• Management and tracking of assets
• Providing on-site and remote troubleshooting and diagnosis of various computer and networking systems
• Performing upgrades, configuration maintenance, and repairs of system hardware
• Installing, configuring, troubleshooting, administrating and maintaining servers and network equipment
• Accurately recording inventory
• Utilizing the ticket tracking system, responding to and updating tickets.
Full Time M-F, W-2, good benefits. Limited nights and weekend hours may be required. On call may be required at times, including some holidays. Frequent travel required (up to 75% at times)
• Pass a background check
• Pass a drug screen
• 2+ years' experience with installing hardware, servers, network equipment, building up server racks, installing electrical power distribution units, installing components and side servers (memory swaps), and troubleshooting network.
• Have solid IT troubleshooting experience.
• Familiarity with servers - Virtual, blade and physical.
• Familiarity with network principles.
• Must have precise / keen attention to detail
Some light lifting and ladder work is required. Drug screen and Background check are required.