compensation: This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position. Annual salary range is $68,000 to $75,000. employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
YW Boston works to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. We work across racial, gender, religious and social lines with organizations in all sectors to educate people about disparities and provide them with tools to dismantle them. We pride ourselves on being reflective, innovative, outcomes oriented, and passionate about our work.
The Director of Research and Evaluation position is a wonderful opportunity for someone looking to build robust research and evaluation processes to support the organization in achieving its goals.
General Statement of Duties
The Director of Evaluation Research and Evaluation will guide the implementation of high quality, responsive, and timely activities that support the organization’s program outcomes. This includes developing metrics, training staff, ensuring the integrity of data collection, analyzing and evaluating data, creating partnerships with external evaluators, and developing internal and external reports on outcomes. This individual will also research best practices for measuring program outcomes.
This person serves as the database manager and is intimately involved in development of YW Boston’s database and processes for all departments.
The Research and Evaluation Manager reports to the Vice President of Programs.
The successful Director of Research and Evaluation will achieve the following outcomes:
• Develops, implements and monitors an evaluation plan addressing logic models, strategic and program evaluation questions, data collection methods, analysis and reporting
• Ensures strong organization metrics and accurate collection of data
• Builds core competencies amongst program staff to effectively use the database
• Develops relationships with research institutions
• Provides clear and useful reports for the Board of Directors, staff and other internal and external stakeholders
Analysis and Reporting
• Analyzes quantitative and qualitative data to ensure that YW Boston programs achieve program targets and lead to the intended outcomes.
• Provides clear and useful reports for staff, board, and other stakeholders as needed to improve strategies and programs that comply with strategic plans and respond to client needs.
• Develops, implements, and monitors an evaluation plan addressing logic models, strategic and program evaluation questions, data collection methods, analysis, and reporting.
• In collaboration with program team and senior management, develops the outcomes and indicators that allow accurate, reliable information collection and reporting
• Works with program and development staff to analyze outcome data and prepare reports for internal use and external distribution summarizing analyzed results
• Develops data collection policies and practices and monitors uniform data collection compliance and quality across the program team.
• Collaborates with external researchers to evaluate YW programs.
Marketing and Grants Reporting
• Works closely with development team regarding funder-reporting requirements and ensure data compliance.
• Researches best practices in program areas as well as how funders and key grantees measure outcomes.
Database and Team Management
• Secures database by developing policies, procedures, and controls
• Maintains database performance by troubleshooting problems
• Maintains database results by setting and enforcing standards and controls.
• Prepares for database expansion by coordinating design and programming.
• Builds core competencies of staff through training and technical assistance for accurate data collection and reporting
• Supervises relationships with outside vendors to develop and maintain the database
• Cultivates long-term sustained relationships with defined community organizations, collaborators, and other third parties through effective stewardship and communication
• Manages research and evaluation interns, as needed, providing ongoing coaching, feedback, and support.
• Informs organization about new information in program evaluation.
• Manages the database management team who oversee the fund development, marketing, and recruitment processes
• Represents YW Boston publically and present/speak on organization’s evaluation and performance management work to a variety of audiences.
• Manages all administrative aspects of research and evaluation including budget, staffing, data collection logistics, and other related duties as necessary.
• Cultivates and maintain a library of all relevant program measurement data that includes rationale for all changes and is up-to-date and easily accessed by the entire organization.
• Some travel is required, primarily local travel in and around Boston.
The Director of Research and Evaluation must have a strong base of technical and communication skills that can be flexibly adopted to meet the needs of different internal and external stakeholders. Successful candidates will exhibit a strong drive to reach goals and resiliency when setbacks occur. Successful candidates will be intellectually curious, collaborative, effective communicators, strong relationship builders, and able to offer creative ideas along with strong leadership.
Specific qualifications include:
• 5 years of relevant research, evaluation or program assessment experience required
• Master’s degree in relevant field such as economics, political science, public policy, social services, public health or sociology highly preferred
• Knowledge of and experience with the following required:
o Program evaluation principles, theories, concepts, and practices
o Use of evaluation and community-based research to inform program development
o Design and execution of quantitative and qualitative research and evaluation
o Development, implementation, and maintenance of database system (Salesforce) (i.e., programming data fields, creating reports to support program evaluation efforts, monitoring for data quality)
o Statistical principles and methods for data analysis
o Staff training and support in research, evaluation, data collection, et cetera, particularly with staff unfamiliar with data and evaluation
• Outstanding project management skills with an ability to develop ambitious goals and achieve them on time and within budget
• Ability to analyze information, summarize findings, and present them in ways easily understandable to decision-makers
• Excellent research and writing skills with demonstrated capacity to effectively integrate and present data within written reports
• Strong team building and communication skills
• Creative and results-oriented with the ability to use data to uncover potential opportunities for growth and innovation across all departments
• Familiarity with Social Solutions Efforts to Outcomes database preferred
• Experience working in a non-profit organization a plus
• Openness to learning and willingness to give and receive feedback
• Enthusiasm, positive sense of humor and can-do attitude essential
• Demonstrated commitment to YW Boston’s mission to promote racial, gender and social equity
Additional Organization Responsibilities
• Adhere to agency policies and procedures for maintaining organizational culture and transparency, including use of regularly scheduled progress meetings with Vice President of Programs, Team meetings, scheduling, e-mail and other communications platforms.
• Positively represent the Agency in all interactions with the public.
• Support YW Boston fund development through participation in education, outreach, cultivation and stewardship efforts as needed.
• Participate in Agency events and perform additional tasks assigned by the Vice President of Programs and/or President & CEO
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position. Annual salary range is $68,000 to $75,000.
YW Boston provides employees a generous benefits package, including: Medical insurance, flexible spending accounts, flexible schedule options, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, accidental death, and disability insurance, short-term disability insurance and a 403(b) retirement savings plan
How to apply:
YW Boston is an equal opportunity employer. Diverse candidates strongly encouraged to apply. Send a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Please place the subject title "Director of Research and Evaluation" in the headline of your email. Principals only. No phone calls, please.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities