compensation: Compensation based on experience, hours, etc. and could be hourly or salary. employment type: employee's choice telecommuting okay
QR Code Link to This Post
Greetings we are looking for a part to full time sysadmin who can improve, manage, and maintain our scalable infrastructure and support our active userbase. We are a small software company providing online privacy software and services to everyday users.
(We are in Boston but the position can be remote or work-from-home.)
You'll be working with our developers and operations teams to create environments, review and manage security risks, automate deployment infrastructure, as well as optimize and monitor our production environments.
We're all in the cloud using a variety of platforms although our infrastructure is mostly Ruby on Rails deployed on AWS Beanstalks. Familiarity with, or a desire to get deep learning of AWS EC2 is necessary. We also encounter a variety of other needs for our production clients on mobile and desktops, and big data and ML with our skunkworks projects.
If have a solid background in software/systems and are familiar with improving and managing devops, deploying systems, and information security we’d like to meet you
Ideally what we'd like you to have:
* 3-5+ years experience with LAMP/LEMP Stack
* AWS Deployment Experience or an eagerness to learn
* Exposure to container infrastructure and orchestration
* Familiar with Configuration Management Tools (Terraform, Chef, Salt, Puppet)
* Have used Build and Deployment Management Tools (Jenkins)
* Been involved in Release Management Processes
* Familiar with IT security - you don't need to write shellcode, but know what common attacks are, IDS, HIDS, etc.
* Desire to learn new technologies while supporting existing ones
* Good knowledge of scripting: Ruby, Python, Bash, etc
* Working knowledge of databases and SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
* Problem-solving attitude
Compensation based on experience, hours, etc. and could be hourly or salary.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers