MEM Tea is a wholesale and retail loose leaf tea company that has served the greater Boston and Cambridge areas for 20 years. We are seeking 1 - 2 sales associates to join the team at the tasting room & training center in Davis Square. The position would include providing exceptional customer service, in depth product knowledge, packaging loose leaf tea into different sized bags per customer request, helping manage weekly inventory systems, and preparing samples of delicious fresh teas. We work with many different products so learning about a new tea or packaging method every day is not unusual. No one day is the same. There is lots to learn and lots of room for career growth!
Part Time: 20 - 25 hours per week
Hours Available: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday - 11:30 am to 7:30 pm
Full Time: 30 - 40 hours per week
Hours Available: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday (Sundays Nov & Dec) - 11:30 am to 7:30 pm
Compensation: Starts at $13.50 - $15 per hour with the opportunity for raises due to exceptional performance, as well as the ability to work overtime as needed.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
• Creating a positive professional environment in the shop through enhanced customer experiences to ensure high level of customer satisfaction
• “Go the extra mile” to drive sales
• Welcome all customers to the store and answer their queries accurately and professionally
• Team up with co-workers to ensure proper customer service and build productive relationships with customers as well as staff
• Remain knowledgeable on all products offered, including but not limited to ingredients, preparation, prices, and stock level
• Process POS (point of sales) purchases accurately
• Be able to inform customers about the Education Center, class offerings, and all affiliated promos
• Maintaining sales floor appearance
• Maintain a cleanly work environment across all locations (front & back of house, restroom, and back stock)
• Remain mindful of loss prevention and actively work to limit theft and/or breakage
• Servsafe food safety and allergen safety awareness
• Be able to correctly prepare hot and iced tea
• Maintain healthy, positive interpersonal relationships with staff and be a productive team member
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers